Question Regarding Decals

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
Seth,

Are you going to sell your shiny, new, EMT sticker (not the old one you took off before your youtube video)? If so, I know someone who is looking for one.

Reactions: Bill Boyd

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
In all fairness, Wikipedia agrees with Seth.

"The Saab 9-7X is (was) a mid-size luxury SUV built by Saab on General Motors' GMT360 platform,"

Edmunds is showing current value, of a 2005, between $6,000 and $7,000.

and

NPS Ranger
"A 2005 Saab 9-7 is not a luxury SUV. Just sayin."

OOPS, the Edmunds appraiser must have been partying a bit too hard the night before he penned his estimate. KBB shows current trade in value of a 2005 at $1,400 to $2,400 (pricewise, that kinda removes it from the current LUXURY SUV offerings).

The most important thing is that Seth likes it - and apparently he does, current value notwithstanding.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2015
Central Mass
and

NPS Ranger
"A 2005 Saab 9-7 is not a luxury SUV. Just sayin."

OOPS, the Edmunds appraiser must have been partying a bit too hard the night before he penned his estimate. KBB shows current trade in value of a 2005 at $1,400 to $2,400 (pricewise, that kinda removes it from the current LUXURY SUV offerings).

The most important thing is that Seth likes it - and apparently he does, current value notwithstanding.

NADA shows from $2,350 up to $4,000. Mine would fall somewhere in between t that. I'd probably be offered $3,900 on the used circuit. I only paid $5,000 for it. Even though I had to drive to JFK's hometown to get it. In six months I've put 17,000 miles on it, trouble free miles.

I guess we can call it an "upscale trailblazer"

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
This truly is one of the most random threads... Going from a member asking a question about a decal, being called out how they present themselves, to debating a luxury SUV, to debating value of said SUV. Bravo membership, bravo.

You act like you are new here, this happens all the time. Typically its been moved to the ring by now, but nobody has done so yet. Its obviously been off the rails since the beginning, you were there and saw that...

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
You act like you are new here, this happens all the time. Typically its been moved to the ring by now, but nobody has done so yet. Its obviously been off the rails since the beginning, you were there and saw that...
That's why it's miraculous. It hasn't warranted moving it to the ring. It remained civil! Things don't usually go from contentious to this. I'd give you a Snickers... but I just ate it.

Reactions: Retired1

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
NADA shows from $2,350 up to $4,000. Mine would fall somewhere in between t that. I'd probably be offered $3,900 on the used circuit. I only paid $5,000 for it. Even though I had to drive to JFK's hometown to get it. In six months I've put 17,000 miles on it, trouble free miles.

I guess we can call it an "upscale trailblazer"

I prefer the SAAB, Seth.

This truly is one of the most random threads... Going from a member asking a question about a decal, being called out how they present themselves, to debating a luxury SUV, to debating value of said SUV. Bravo membership, bravo.

I attribute it to "Chatroom Deprivation Syndrome".

Reactions: Tony P

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I'm with Chief lol

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
This would explain a lot of the going on around here.

(Or the rampant, unchecked consumption of caffienated energy drinks by First Responders and the like.)anew4.fjcdn.com_comments_Welcome_to_the_internet_we_will_be_yof16964cf50122cbdae10ca705eb885b8.png

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
For me, Chat has been absent for a long time, although, currently, there is an icon (if that is the correct term) for it.. Right now, when I click on 'chatroom', I get a new window that has only a long list of posts, not conversations between members. Here is an example:

1. [Broken External Image]:[URL]https://s3.amazonaws.com/elightbars-data/avatars/s/12/12622.jpg?1449292405[/URL] FireEMSPolice
    posted a new thread in Visual Warning Equipment: "Knight Rider" pattern.
  2. Peter F
    posted a new thread in Wanted: Parts: ETL 5000 sound off corner modules (amber ).
  3. Confederatefirefighter
    posted a new thread in Wanted: Warning Equipment: Code3 Stiletto.
  4. Confederatefirefighter
    posted a new thread in Wanted: Warning Equipment: Code3 lightbar..
  5. [Broken External Image]:[URL]https://s3.amazonaws.com/elightbars-data/avatars/s/12/12619.jpg?1449292405[/URL] BigDogg795
    posted a new thread in Wanted: Parts: Whelen Talon LED Light Head in WHITE.
  6. ShadowSwipe
    posted a new thread in Wanted: Warning Equipment: Quad Module Rear Warning.
" class="button primary" style="margin: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; font-family: 'Source Sans Pro', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; line-height: 29px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(152, 12, 12); border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4) 0px -3px 0px inset; outline: none; cursor: pointer; height: 31px; -webkit-appearance: none; vertical-align: top; float: right; background-color: rgb(152, 12, 12);">

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
we all get that, but you can "chat" in it...

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Yes, that is the new chatroom. At the bottom of that box you are able to input your text and use it for chat. I'm not sure if the auto-populating notifications of new threads can be turned off or not. For now that is what we have to work with.

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
I knew I could input using the access at the bottom, but not knowing who is there or not seeing a reply within a few minutes makes it a bit awkward for me. I am not complaining, but I don't see me using it in its present form.

Thank you for the information.

Last edited:

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK

Add "Technical Support" to the list

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
Word has it that the sticker skipped town, and joined a group Transgender midgets on a coast-to-coast adventure looking for the crystal skull.

Dec 12, 2015
Central Mass
Last I heard the Transgender Midgets are actually on the opening leg of their world tour.

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
  • I am 100% legal, as my light permit is still active. On the subject of the MA website, I really don't know. This officer has harassed myself and my family for several years, because my father is an addict and he thinks that for some reason I followed in his footsteps. I did win the court case for the citation. It is a small town, and I did make a complaint against the officer, which was tossed out the window. As for my install, the light does it's job and is quite potent, so I'm not sure if you were saying something bashing my install or what. Now, I'm not here to be critiqued or criticized, and wish to give away as little of my personal details as possible. I suppose I'll remove the decal, go stealth and not do anything about it. This guy is ruthless, I once watched him pepper spray a 49 year old suffering from a mental breakdown, who was in need of psych services. I'm going to see what a local attorney has to say.

I have my permit and I have a sticker. I guess I may be making a fuss.

There are many states that even if your permit says it expires on some date, but the second you either leave a department or your certification expires your light permit is no longer valid. I don't no the rules for your particular area, but for example, in NJ if you have a blue light permit and you move to Chief and get a red light permit, your blue light permit is automatically no longer valid and mounting of blue lights in your vehicle becomes illegal. You must also forfeit your light permit if you resign or are kicked off your department, and if you fail to renew it.

My question is, if you're not on a department I can understand still having the EMT stickers because you're still an EMT. But why would you need lights designed for responding to calls? Regardless of whether or not your permit is active if you're not apart of a department and are not in the process of joining one, having lights is asking for trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
Ugh... Always someone who wants to get back to arguing light legality... There's a thread for that. This is the derailed decal thread.
I made a comment regarding both the decal and the lights. Not just the lights, so its hardly off topic. However I removed it as I did not read the previous replies and noticed that it was already well and done with. My apologies.

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I'm a Transsexual Nazi Irish Eskimo with Ricketts & Scurvey here, & I now have the "EMT sticker". The sticker floated next to my igloo yesterday courtesy of global warming & El Niño (think Chris Farley), so I snagged it up. I'm having a hard time getting the adhesive backing to stick to my icy igloo walls--any suggestions? Oh, by the way the sticker doesn't say EMT. It says (NY) 'METS'. As in the weak baseball team that was beaten by my Kansas City Royals this past Autumn. As Linda Richman says on Coffee Talk, "talk amongst yourselves."

Dec 12, 2015
Central Mass
But, but. I'm a Mets fan. Literally all my teams did horribly this year, or made it to the end and lost. (Niners, Mets...etc) My NCAA team is doing well.

Bill Boyd

Jul 6, 2010
Avon, NY
[QUOTE="
I know NY's Volunteer color is blue, and NYSP uses red.
I'll pull the lights in the morning. It's a few wires to snip and cap off. Won't take me more than a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you don't know NYS Law. Yes Volunteers run blue, but all emergency equipment are also authorized blue lights. At this time, only to the rear. And most law enforcement I know in NY, if they see out of state plates, they give a professional cutesy and not bother volunteers from other states, if they can prove they are affiliated with a authorized agency.

Dec 12, 2015
Central Mass
Oh PLEASE don't make it stop until I get my professional cutesy.

I got a professional courtesy from a very attractive girl in front of me at the local Dunkin' Donuts this afternoon. After a very, very tiring day of turning wrenches she looked at me, and said "You, I bet you want free coffee"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.