Questionable business practices on ebay with seller lightbarguy2015

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Not sure where to put this but this earns a caveat emptor "let the buyer beware" alert from me.

I am tasked with locating some items for a 3rd party, I located what I was looking for on Offerup and sent a message inquiring about purchasing the item. We came to an agreement, and then he referred me to finalize the deal on ebay.

This is where the problem comes in.. On ebay he had the item listed, but with a shipping rate of $120+, the previous shipping was $15. I contacted him and adjusted the offer to reflect the total agreed upon on Offerup. His response was to try again, and then he contacted me to tell me that he raised the purchase price $25 higher then what we agreed upon. This is outside the scope that the 3rd party had agreed to, and after emailing him about that I cancelled the deal.

He may or may not be a member on here and I am not going to post his real name, however his ebay handle is lightbarguy2015.

Normally I would let this slide but this IMO is extremely dishonest.

Mods if this is the wrong area to post this, please move accordingly.

Thanks,

Rob

Reactions: Tony P
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I can say I have seen that username on Ebay also.

He does have some nice stuff, but I dont agree with the shipping prices that Ebay has on the prices of lightbars (when was the last time anyone shipped a 48" light from any carrier and it costs anywhere from 150-200 JUST for shipping.......from us addresses only)

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The cost of shipping a lightbar can get expensive, however in my case it was just a set of domes.

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
I have moved this to the transaction feedback area as it is also for off site transactions.

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
Ive recently dealt with him. bought a set of green domes for an mx7000 from him for 150 plus 45 in shipping. do feel he has the shipping high. ive had bigger and heavier shipped for less. he actually had them priced for $200 before shipping. that was before i found his account on offer up that had them listed cheaper which he surprisingly price matched.

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
ive seen his ads and interacted with them before; on more than one occasion (not with this particular seller) ive noted or obtained the actual ship cost and requested a partial refund from the seller

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.