R/A Model 25

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So I picked this bar up from @gtpts27 in trade. Its been sitting in the back of the 4Runner to hide from the Mrs.
Keep in mind this is the same vehicle she drives on a regular basis and she still didn't find it until Yesterday.. lol

Looks like some bulbs are out.. none of the bulbs are correct but I don't have enough spares on hand to replace all of them. so generics it probably will be.

Needs some grease, has some wobble but other then that works pretty well.. current pattern is a burst effect.. and I love Red/Amber..

Optimized-20200106_164446.jpg

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I have always been a fan of these larger aeros that have just two solid colors. Super sharp! I look forward to seeing your progress on this

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
So I picked this bar up from @gtpts27 in trade. Its been sitting in the back of the 4Runner to hide from the Mrs.
Keep in mind this is the same vehicle she drives on a regular basis and she still didn't find it until Yesterday.. lol

Looks like some bulbs are out.. none of the bulbs are correct but I don't have enough spares on hand to replace all of them. so generics it probably will be.

Needs some grease, has some wobble but other then that works pretty well.. current pattern is a burst effect.. and I love Red/Amber..

View attachment 221838
Just let me know what it needs and I'll send what I have. Should've tested it but I threw it in car last minute "just in case". Owe you the dome name plates and have the SD endcaps if you want them too (or I'm happy to send the SD endcaps gratis in lieu of any of the bar needs). I'll be back home this weekend. Hope things with the wife are ok. I can also send a 1-800-FLOWERS discount code if needed.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
@gtpts27 lol 1-800-Flowers just resets the dog house.
I thought I was slick cause my moving blankets match the grey interior.. She went to BJs opened the cargo gate and was like DaFuQ? And the jig was up.

@EHFD_Tower_751 I think the correct bulbs are GE 1196... I think.. These are the bulbs that look like mini hot air balloons. I need to see what other bulbs are in the bar and get the to match.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Cant wait to see the video on that beast.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Minnesota-style AeroDynic! In the years before laws changed in that state, most wreckers ran red/amber. It's definitely a unique setup for solid colors!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
1195 single contact 50CP bulbs are the correct bulb in this bar.

This sounds about right.. I have a few spares from other Federal lights I have worked on, but not 10 of them. I have no intention on spending ebay value $$ on bulbs so pass.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.