Radio help

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Hello all,

Need some assistance with an Astro Saber I have.

Need a Motorola dealer or someone who can still mess with Astro Saber radios.

They can pm me or email me directly at wmdecker20@gmail.com

My Astro Saber has firmware 4.01.05 and it won’t let me program 2.5khz steps in it so I can use it for the fire department. Needing someone who could upgrade the firmware for me as high as it’s able to go. It’s a 512 radio not the 1 meg.

I appreciate any help.

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
Hello all,

Need some assistance with an Astro Saber I have.

Need a Motorola dealer or someone who can still mess with Astro Saber radios.

They can pm me or email me directly at wmdecker20@gmail.com

My Astro Saber has firmware 4.01.05 and it won’t let me program 2.5khz steps in it so I can use it for the fire department. Needing someone who could upgrade the firmware for me as high as it’s able to go. It’s a 512 radio not the 1 meg.

I appreciate any help.

I'm pretty sure you'll need a 1 Meg version. The 512Ks were pretty limited due the Vocoder size. Flashing Astro Sabers are a pain due to needed a smart rib and finding the FW. It might be easier or cheaper to find a 1 meg radio. When I get home later on tonight I will check the 1 Meg Astro Saber I have to confirm if that will do the 2.5 spacing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.