RAM SSV Install/Upfit Guide

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I just recieved a 2012 RAM SSV to upfit as a joint demo vehicle and spent a good two hours examining the whole truck. I thought I would pass on what I found.

The upfit guide is here:

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/fleetcda/portal?pageid=91658825ec283310VgnVCM100000e9261c35RCRD&sectionid=fb66cce1be7f5110VgnVCM10000091f4e735RCRD&ptitle=RamSpecial Service Vehicle#

Not nearly as many features as the Pursuit. I wish they had incorporated the headlight flasher and the passthru wires as well.

The underhood PDC as listed in the guide:

View attachment 38900

The driver side spotlight wires, as seen laying under the dash and looking up towards the driver's A-Pillar:

View attachment 38901

In the upfitter guide the spotlight wires are incorrectly labeled as both being Red/White. Correct colors are Red/White and Bk/Brown

The upfitter guide states the PDC control wires are in the center console, which to me would mean the floor in between the front seats where a center console would normally be. They aren't there though, they are in the center dash behind the AC cluster. Here are the steps to access them:

View attachment 38903

On the top section of the dash where the little tray with the word Dodge, there is a small rubber mat. Lift this mat and there are two T20 screws to be removed:View attachment 38905

View attachment 38906

Next remove the small trim plate around the 115v outlet and remove the 3rd and final T20 screw:

View attachment 38903

View attachment 38907

Gently pry the panel off, disconnect the harnesses from the rear of the AC cluster and various switches/outlets and the upfitter wires are taped to the harness:

View attachment 38909

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.