Ray Allen K9 Trouble

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
Installing the Ray Allen K9 F3 series into a 2009 Crown Vic.

I've had several problems so far. It is a used system.

My first problem is figuring out whats going on with the rear windows for this CVPI. The windows do not work at all in the rear. They don't have the switches installed in the rear at all but I don't think that would matter. Even when you try to use the master switch they don't work. I am getting voltage to the wire for the down function. I just spoke with Ford and they told me that it shouldn't have anything to do with the computer disabling it either. So could it be a ground wire cut somewhere? I can look through again, but couldn't find anything obvious. When the system activates the window drop it just blows the fuses in the POD on the "brain box"

Second problem is the fan will not shut off after the test. Is it normal to manually have to turn the fan off after activation?

The last one is when I connect the pager to the HUD to charge it the whole system shuts down.

Hopefully, someone that is familiar with this system can give me some pointers. This has been kind of a nightmare. Tech support with these guys is not impressive. No phone support only email. It's been very difficult to get any answers back. Thanks for any help!

MadMike84

Dec 12, 2016
Eastern Virginia
Switches HAVE to be installed or the windows won’t work dummy :)

Fan doesn’t turn off automatically after a test run.

The HUD is not designed to recharge a remote pager once it reaches a certain point. It has to be connected to a wall charger to fully charge or it will shit the system down.

Hope this helps someone at some point.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.