Realigning a misaligned slider switch

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Well first I would suggest getting a sledgehammer and threatening the switch back into alignment, after that I'd rely upon some of the other members if the first doesn't work, or try going directly to mtnman(Kent) or tsquale for some expert advice other then my comedy choice. I haven't bumped into that issue with my slider, I dare not try and pry that thing open not knowing what will happen!

I can’t take off the circuit board. But when I look out the side, it doesn’t seem like the tab is bent. Seems more different. I can’t really tell. Here’s a photo. It isn’t very a good one.

Attachments

• 76D89EA0-3A00-421F-B308-A9C3A57F0005.jpeg
    76D89EA0-3A00-421F-B308-A9C3A57F0005.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 9
Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
We always called these "run to fail" switches (not economically worth the maintenance). Basically meaning the switch was used very excessively (constantly). Probably a metro unit??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.