Really? Who does this?!?!

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
As my job is directly impacted by the port negotiations, I have a particular interest in the proceedings. I just about lost my mind reading this,

http://www.joc.com/maritime-news/labor/pma-ilwu-contract-could-hinge-union-wanting-right-fire-local-arbitrator_20150205.html

If the article requires tl;dr translation, basically the management had acceded to all of the demands from the union, so the union responded by making more demands! As I understand contract negotiations, if you are in the rare position where the other party gives you everything, you don't respond by making more demands, YOU SIGN THE FRICKIN CONTRACT BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO CHANGE THEIR MIND. What kind of idiots are running this show?

Sorry, just needed to vent.

[/soapbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GPC

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
It seems there are only so few honest unions out there that actually give a crap about their members and work with companies to make things right in a common sense manner, but most unions now seem to be run by politically-motivated d-bags who make their members pay to donate to anti-constitutional/anti-American value politicians and NOT give a single damn about the working man.

Sad, sad, sad.............

Last edited by a moderator:

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Well, they've finally reached an agreement on a contract. Now so called experts are guessing it will take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to clear up the backlog.

Hold on to your butts, it's gonna get crazy on the pacific side.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
At least they came to an agreement. We have a container or two of cameras just sitting off Long Beach right now.
Be glad your stuff is in Long Beach. Oakland doesn't have enough staff available for their cranes. So that one is going to take a little longer.

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Be glad your stuff is in Long Beach. Oakland doesn't have enough staff available for their cranes. So that one is going to take a little longer.
Understood. As of 2/9, there were 20 ships sitting off long beach, I think thats now 26...its going to take a while. At this point, any progress is good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.