Wanted Rear Window LED Explorer PIU CHMSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeadeCoSD

Jan 29, 2021
Sturgis, SD
Looking for the original rear window strobe lights for the 2013 Explorer PIU. The mount brackets are still there, but the lights are gone.
They would have been part of the 66 optional lighting package? Is that right?
Does anyone know what lights they were? Ray Allen package.

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
my guess is the code 3 wingman

regardless of brand, its a CHSML mounted light assembly

also to help your search i edited your title, as those are led’s, not strobes

MARTIN G.

Jul 11, 2016
Illinois
Looking for the original rear window strobe lights for the 2013 Explorer PIU. The mount brackets are still there, but the lights are gone.
They would have been part of the 66 optional lighting package? Is that right?
Does anyone know what lights they were? Ray Allen package.
I believe they come with whelen Ions.

MeadeCoSD

Jan 29, 2021
Sturgis, SD
I believe they come with whelen Ions.
Thanks! I'll look them up and see what I can find. I saw a photo on Ebay a few months ago, of a 2013-2015 PIU Explorer that still had these lights installed. I still have the gasket marks on my glass from the lights. Anyhow, I emailed the guy on Ebay, and he said whatever the lights were, that they were already gone. Just my luck, eh? They had rectangular housings, though, not rounded, like all the ions I keep seeing.

And, the mount brackets are still there. Oh, also just to clarify, they were mounted up by the rear window visor, inside the glass, on either side of the third brake light.

MARTIN G.

Jul 11, 2016
Illinois
Thanks! I'll look them up and see what I can find. I saw a photo on Ebay a few months ago, of a 2013-2015 PIU Explorer that still had these lights installed. I still have the gasket marks on my glass from the lights. Anyhow, I emailed the guy on Ebay, and he said whatever the lights were, that they were already gone. Just my luck, eh?
I'm 99% sure they had whelen Ions. Unfortunately I don't have a that year car right now, I have only new cars in my shop, and they still using whelen. I even have the templates to install a new ones. I'll look tomorrow and see if I have any parts that you can use.

MeadeCoSD

Jan 29, 2021
Sturgis, SD
23454532.jpg
They must have looked something like the lower part of these Whelen Spitfire or Avenger lights. They would have been rectangular like this, but mounted to a flat bracket with little tiny screws (many of which were scattered in the back).
I would be super excited if you had them! I'll post you a pic of the mount brackets tomorrow in the light....

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
They were Ions with custom Ford brackets and shrouds. You can get the parts from Ford but it's pricy. I would recommend two Spitfire Ions. You should be able to rewire the Spitfire Ions for sync if you make your own wiring harness.

MeadeCoSD

Jan 29, 2021
Sturgis, SD
Great information, thank you! If nobody has a set of the shrouds, I’m thinking if I could get a hold of an old one, or even one new one, I would just 3-D print the other.
So do you know which ions they actually were?

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Those bottom lights are actually Code 3, not even Whelen. As for the part numbers on those shrouds...

Attachments

• DD4B02C6-5F48-4473-B56E-17CC1BB7FD73.jpeg
    DD4B02C6-5F48-4473-B56E-17CC1BB7FD73.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 290FB1FE-68A1-4594-B2E7-0481922EA23D.jpeg
    290FB1FE-68A1-4594-B2E7-0481922EA23D.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 13

MeadeCoSD

Jan 29, 2021
Sturgis, SD
I’d be happy to buy them from you if you don’t want too terribly much for them. USPS flat-rate shipping would run like $12-$14. My zip code is 57785.

KW76

Mar 23, 2017
PSL, FL
if you need a set of Amber IONs I have a couple pairs. 2018 dates. Shoot me a PM if interested $125 for the pair shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.