Recent Delivery of Civil Malibus for local Sheriff's Department

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Any lights, or just the graphics for them?
Headlight flashers, Vertex in the reverse lights with an Able2 remote undercover siren/switcher. The new Whelen AvengerII single head DUO on the dash/windshield rounds out the warning package.

We didn't video the lighting.

Reactions: CACBAND

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
They say why they purchased retail sedans instead of police cars?

Cajun posted other PPV/SSV vehicles for the same agency. My guess is these are used by unsworn or reserve type personnel that aren't running lights/sirens often.
When he first posted these on his FB page I asked about that. As stated in the title of the thread here, they are for the Civil Division and don't need the bells and whistles for response.

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
When he first posted these on his FB page I asked about that. As stated in the title of the thread here, they are for the Civil Division and don't need the bells and whistles for response.

Correct. The Sheriff wants all of his uniform occupied units marked, even these civil units. They don't run code anywhere, but because they're marked, they must have lights and siren. Just in case it's needed for any scenarios that may pop up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.