Recommendation for Crown Vic grill lights.

Lucas966

Aug 20, 2014
Greenville SC
Hi all, first time poster, long time follower. I'm outfitting a Crown Vic SAP, that has the slotted chrome grille and in need of suggestions on what to place in or behind the grille. I want it to be as low profile, but effective as possible. I was thinking maybe some IONS, but not sure how I'd attach them. What have yall done in the past, how did you mount it etc? The only think I'm seeing is them done in the honeycomb grille.

TIA

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hi all, first time poster, long time follower. I'm outfitting a Crown Vic SAP, that has the slotted chrome grille and in need of suggestions on what to place in or behind the grille. I want it to be as low profile, but effective as possible. I was thinking maybe some IONS, but not sure how I'd attach them. What have yall done in the past, how did you mount it etc? The only think I'm seeing is them done in the honeycomb grille.

TIA
I had a pair or 400’s in pedestal mount for grille lights on mine. What color are you running?

Reactions: firebuff17

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Sorry man. Low profile and crown vic aren’t two things I personally think are synonymous.

The chrome grill is difficult to see lighting through period. If u want grill lights, get a honeycomb grill and put some ions or 400’s there and be done with it.

You could also put some ions or linz6’s in the corner marker lights up front and a lower dash light as another option. The grill on that car vs the lower dash is pretty minimal difference in height, which doesn’t really change the level of lighting if you will.

Just my 0.02. Best of luck!
Seth

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Here’s some PAR lights behind a similar grille. Use large lights and the color will punch thru. Tinting them may not even be necessary to remain inconspicuous.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.