Relay - Ignition power issue

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
 A friend called me about an issue with his set up. He has his power going thru a relay with ignition power from a fuse with one of the add a fuse set ups. It will intermittently lose power which I figured was due to a wiring issue. Here is the weird part. If I connect the ignition wire to any fuse it will not power up. If I connect the ignition wire direct to the battery it will power up the radio and siren every time. One time when I hooked it up to another fuse the relay clicked but there was no power.

Since it powers up every time when connected direct to the battery I don't believe it is a connection issue. Could it be a bad relay and just needs more power? I didn't have time to tear into it yet but just wanted to see if anyone had a similar issue. He has had this set up for about 3 years.

Thanks

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
 Eliminated the breaker and boom problem solved. Soooo bad breaker maybe?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.