Remember the Civil Defense?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I was walking in a neighborhood yesterday. What is on that roof, I asks meself, as I approach the house.
P1060968.JPG

Cool!
P1060969.JPG

Close up on the label.
P1060970.JPG

There is stuff on the garage, too.
P1060971.JPG

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ah, the Fed Sig 2T22 and Thunderbolt 1000T; two of the finest-sounding civil defense sirens ever produced! If that Thunderbolt is functional, that guy's neighbors must hate him. All he needs is one of the old Chrysler air-raid sirens and he's set to get run off the block....and out of the town, for that matter.

I'd have loved to have seen the look on the neighbors' faces after he first fired up that Thunderbolt.

Now, in the unlikely event that the 2T22 is functional, it'd be a great way to keep people off of his lawn and keep solicitors away. Pesky kids on the lawn? Just fire it up in Attack Mode and no more kids on the lawn....ever. It might also be the only thing that I can immediately think of that'd keep Jehovah's Witnesses away.

If only that guy had put the same amount of care into installing that window AC unit...

Last edited:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Re: "If only that guy had put the same amount of care into installing that window AC unit..."

Rent house? Uh, on second thought...

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Re: "If only that guy had put the same amount of care into installing that window AC unit..."

Rent house? Uh, on second thought...

In my university days, I've seen some rental houses with some pretty bizarre stuff on them. I don't know if stolen whisky barrels on the lawn and shopping carts and a plastic Ronald McDonald statue (?) on the roof can quite compare with this. Kinda close, though.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I've figured out! Based on the pentagram over the garage, this house is the hideout for a cult that's planning on using the civil defense sirens to summon the apocalypse or some other weird occult stuff. If that's the case, then the irony isn't lost on me. These are doomsday whistles in every sense.

They likely make sacrifices to the Thunderbolt and 2T22 to appease some entity. My guess is that they've sacrificed many an ACA Allertor and more than a few Sentry 16V1T-Bs, 20V2Ts and 40V2Ts. The latter is because they've displeased the 2T22 by looking a bit like it, but having a really buzzy sound.

I found a clip from this guy's neighbourhood after he fired up the Fed Sig Model 2 that he used to have. The Thunderbolt's a lot fiercer so, I'd imagine that the neighbours' reaction was either greater panic or going over to his house with torches and pitchforks.

This guy is also likely buddies with whoever owns that house:

It looks like a new species of whacker has been discovered!! Jarred J must be informed ASAP!

Last edited:
Reactions: kitn1mcc

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ive known of horn whackers too...

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
ive known of horn whackers too...

Are there any sub-species of whackers that you haven't discovered yet ;) ? Keep finding and documenting this very strange, but very entertaining species known as whackerus dorkus.

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
No one else pointed this out. At the beginning of the video the “wacker” says that he has been busy “CALL CHASING”?!?! Like someone who shows up at scene who is not a public safety official. Self dispatch much?

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
No one else pointed this out. At the beginning of the video the “wacker” says that he has been busy “CALL CHASING”?!?! Like someone who shows up at scene who is not a public safety official. Self dispatch much?

Just listen to the guy. His issues go far beyond just self-dispatching. I feel sorry for the emergency services personnel on the scenes that this guy shows up to. You just know that he's the type that's obnoxious as hell. Gets in the way, tries to get involved, asks the first responders questions as they're working, etc. I'm not even in public safety and I get that impression. Oh and his voice. What is it with these guys and having nasally, nails-on-a-chalkboard voices?

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Lol, I wonder if he's a member here.....hmmmmm....

Reactions: WhelenNDealin

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.