Remove Old Duct Tape Residue From Domes !

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Hey guys, I have two new domes I picked up yesterday and two of them have duct tape residue on them. Dried, old, baked on residue. I searched around to find what would take it off and not damage the domes and I have found the answer.

Two of my worlds collided. Other than lights and sirens I also collect old Kerosene lanterns. I mostly burn Klean Heat which is a refined kerosene for less odor. I used the Klean Heat on a paper towel and the tape residue just came right off. Very little effort and I was amazed. No effect on the dome except for helping clean it. It is like a miracle. Lol

Wish had done a before and after but I didn't expect it to work. This may be more suitable for the Vintage Tips and Tricks section but I couldn't find it. Move as you wish.

Reactions: Sparky_911

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.