Removing Whelen bar for service without removing cable install

G1159

May 23, 2010
Southern New England
I need to remove the Freedom to do some work to it. How can I remove the bar and leave the cables in tact? I don't want to touch the power and control cable install at all.

Strap kit so that's no problem.

Thanks

WNYEVS

May 21, 2010
Brockport NY
What kind of work?

Your best bet is to pull it into a nice cozy garage, pull the lenses and go to town!

You could undo the straps and just move it to one side of the vehicle to make it so you aren't reaching to get to the middle of the bar.

wooter

May 25, 2010
Belgium
The cables go in the bar and are connected with connectors. Remove the end caps and lenses, unscrew and remove the top aluminum plate and you can access the wire connectors. If you still need to remove the bar, disconnect these connectors, lead the wires out through the gasket and hole, and you're done.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.