Replacement Cigarette Lighter Plugs

GoatMan165

Jul 27, 2010
Southeastern US
I recently picked up a light that had been hardwired, and the cigarette plug on the end has been snipped off. I would like to replace it. The only replacements I can find locally (Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, etc) are basic, plain plugs. I'd ideally like to find one that has both a power button and fuse, so I can leave it plugged in and just hit the power button, instead of fumbling around for the cord on the floor of the truck. Can someone point me in the right direction?

GoatMan165

Jul 27, 2010
Southeastern US
When I searched on Radio Shack's page I searched for 'cigar' and 'cigarette plugs,' I guess I missed that one somehow. Thanks for the link!

C4S, if I didn't need the plugs like yesterday I would be all over that deal. But I don't have time for shipping, currently. Hopefully next time I'll be a little better prepared.

Thanks again, folks!

LightBars4Sale.com

Dec 9, 2010
Norton Ohio 44203
you need to be concerned with amp draw - if it is a LED light - no worries - low draw

if it is a rotator halogen beacon - mini bar - or strobe bar - you will need a plug to handle that amp draw to avoid melting. When I researched this before - I went with these plugs - no on/off switch but they work well.

Power Plug with 20A Fuse and LED

Calrad 90-617

www.minute-man.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.