Replacing control head with another brand?

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
I figured this would be a yes or no question.
I have an old Star Signal LCS880 controller/siren I was thinking of reusing. The controller is pretty shot, when I took it out of service a few years ago everything worked but all the gummy buttons were starting to go bad and the built in PA mic was already shot.

Is the controller replaceable with any other controller such as smart siren head that utilizes a cat 5 with rj11 connector? Or do different manufacturers use different cables/pinouts etc
Thanks in advance!

jdip

May 26, 2010
Mooresville , NC
Figured as much but was worth a shot. Who knows maybe star won't charge a catastrophic amount for a replacement. Or I'll just buy the new feniex or a smart siren. Thanks!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Funny you should mention.. I do have a gently used 4200 I was going to list later this week as I upgraded.. send me a PM if interested.

dce5i0g

Aug 19, 2018
Nola
Does anyone still have the handheld controller from the LCS880? If so, can someone snap a pic of the wire order within the handheld? Should be 6 wires...most of the wires in mine broke from the solder and I have no clue what order they go to re-solder them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.