Replacing FedSig Legend LEDs

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Well I have a FedSig Legend lightbar in all blue. I would like to add some red and amber to the bar. Now I know that the only way to do this is to replace a whole board. Now I am just wondering if it was possible to either order a board from FedSig or would it be possible to just get the LEDs and solder then on to the board. If I could solder then onto the board I am just wondering what style of LEDs they are. All help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
ffjwhite said:
Well I have a FedSig Legend lightbar in all blue. I would like to add some red and amber to the bar. Now I know that the only way to do this is to replace a whole board. Now I am just wondering if it was possible to either order a board from FedSig or would it be possible to just get the LEDs and solder then on to the board. If I could solder then onto the board I am just wondering what style of LEDs they are. All help would be great. Thanks in advance.

You can easily order a board from FS configured to your wishes. It'll cost you about $200-$250 per board.

I suppose you could try getting a board and soldering the LEDs. You might see if anyone on the board here has any ROC boards they would donate to your cause. There may be some non-functional ROC boards that have the LEDs you need. They are SMT LEDs so it's possible to solder them on yourself. I know I've had faulty ROC boards come back from the FS service dep't with "reflowed solder on LEDs" on the repair ticket.

I hope that helps.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
This helps alot. I figured the biggest thing I needed to find out was the type of LEDs so if I can find some ROC boards I can just buy the LEDs and solder them on myself.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Thanks for that info. I plan on doing the same thing however I am unable to find the same type of LEDs my legend uses. I found similar but havent found the exact ones.

rolling18

Dec 7, 2018
Portland
I realize this is a VERY old post (in internet time) BUT is the only one I have found addressing my questions. I also would like to know how/ if the LEDs on this light bar can be replaced with a different color and where to get them????

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.