Rescue Mission in Progress

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
A friend of mine is a large truck mechanic. He called me last night and said that the salvage yard near him just had a very old ladder truck brought in and they are going to cut it up and crush it. Said it has lights on it and was wondering if I would be interested. Of course I said yes. He said he could get them. Then this morning he sends me this picture and said he has this one.

579524227[1].jpg

Then about an hour later said he is having trouble getting these two off and is going to try and get then to not destroy it before he can come back for them. He has to work today.

579527104[1].jpg 579527120[1].jpg

Hopefully he can get these before it gets destroyed. The one on the right says 175 on the tag !

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Good luck, the beacons should be pretty easy to remove, just undo the mounting bolts from inside the cab.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Time to bust out with an angle grinder ;)

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
UPDATE: I just got a phone call. He has everything off the truck. Mars 888 "Light From Mars", and Two Federal Beacon Rays, one I know is a 175. Dome broken but lights may be intact otherwise. excited. He said he left me a little work to do. He took a cutter and cut the roof around the lights. Lol. Said that ladder now has two sky lights. Hope to be able to get with him by the weekend to view the goods. Just glad he was able to save these from going into the shredder.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
UPDATE: I just got a phone call. He has everything off the truck. Mars 888 "Light From Mars", and Two Federal Beacon Rays, one I know is a 175. Dome broken but lights may be intact otherwise. excited. He said he left me a little work to do. He took a cutter and cut the roof around the lights. Lol. Said that ladder now has two sky lights. Hope to be able to get with him by the weekend to view the goods. Just glad he was able to save these from going into the shredder.
Nice save! The next part is going to be getting those beacons looking good again. Gotta save some cash to get some clear domes and such!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.