Rescue Responding to a MVA

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
There are 2 resons I am posting this... 1) It's an awesome truck with poor lighing. 2) It's for sale!! If your Interested in more info, go to the Department's webpage... Greenfield Fire District. The truck is a 2000 Central States medium-rescue truck and is located in upstate NY. I filmed it today responding to a MVA. The Company is recieving a 2012 KME Rescue Pumper in April to replace it. Watch in HD!!!

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Hoser said:
Not a bad looking truck, as far as lighting goes looks like the rear is the weakest part.

My thoughts exactly. The rear needs help. The lightbar is a Code2 XL5000 all light. These were good bars, but I think the sealed beam versions were better. The single halogen rotators spin so fast to get a good number of flashes per minute, but the flash duration (dwell time) is too short. The slower turning, dual sealed beam rotators used a lot more amperage, but each flash had enough dwell time to really pop and attract the eye. The independent rotators create more of a blur motion.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
The lighting's fine, it's got side-facing bumper strobes, a lower halogen flasher about midway down the length, side-facing strobes at the back end, and two low-level rear-facing strobes below the taillights that the camera didn't catch - you can see a flash or two at the very end of the video. The only thing I'd do differently is use colored domes on the lightbar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.