RESOLVED AWL still open in 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Yester

Apr 16, 2019
Pittsburgh
Greetings all, I read some great feedback on AWL and went to his site and purchased a Linear Interior bar. I didn't see anything that it was not in stock or out of stock.

Assuming more then 24 hrs to fulfill orders? As of this morning it's still showing as open. I am hoping it's not going to be over 5-7 days to ship.

This is my first time dealing with his company, I just want to make sure what I ordered is going to be shipped.

I see he is a LEO, so he might be busy, but I am not sure as a store he has others handling orders.

Thanks for any info

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
@Tom the owner is a member here. I do believe it is a little early to be leaving any sort of feedback on this transaction though...

John_Yester

Apr 16, 2019
Pittsburgh
It was not feedback per say. All the threads that I found on here were from a while back with Tom being active in discussions. So with that said. I was not sure if the store front was still open and in operation. The thread was more of Q/A for shopping directly with him, and not knowing if they are made to order lights, let alone shipping estimates as order was placed..

Reactions: SBFD-E-9

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
I have dealt with Tom over several years now. Hes has always been reliable and never once given me reason to doubt. Give him some time and maybe send a message to him directly. He is on Facebook also.

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
It was not feedback per say. All the threads that I found on here were from a while back with Tom being active in discussions. So with that said. I was not sure if the store front was still open and in operation. The thread was more of Q/A for shopping directly with him, and not knowing if they are made to order lights, let alone shipping estimates as order was placed..
I have moved this to the dispute resolution thread. I do think you should be attempting to ask AWL the questions directly though. Did you try contacting them first? They list an email address, phone number, and have a contact us form on their website.

John_Yester

Apr 16, 2019
Pittsburgh
Yup. first course of action. Email to him and support. I called yesterday inquiring about options, but no one answered. Long story short I placed my own order. Thinking 24 hrs past I would see an update to the order. Not expecting over night shipping, but now days most companies have movement on fulfillment on an order right away, processing, shipping, etc....

He may be busy, since this is not his full time gig? But I just want to make sure all is well and no issues with the transaction, as it seems online payment was sent with out issue.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
This may be more of a generalized rant, and I want to clarify that I'm not 'bashing' the OP...but the expectation that an item be picked and shipped within 24 hours is a relatively new thing, and IMO, comes from people expecting Amazon Prime speeds. As a business owner, 48 hours is the standard window for picking and shipping. I may get to it quicker if we're not busy - but 24 hours is a very short window, considering that people only work 9-5 usually, and usually have windows of when they download and process new orders.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
This may be more of a generalized rant, and I want to clarify that I'm not 'bashing' the OP...but the expectation that an item be picked and shipped within 24 hours is a relatively new thing, and IMO, comes from people expecting Amazon Prime speeds. As a business owner, 48 hours is the standard window for picking and shipping. I may get to it quicker if we're not busy - but 24 hours is a very short window, considering that people only work 9-5 usually, and usually have windows of when they download and process new orders.
90% of the stuff I buy on Amazon had better be in the mail within 12 hours or I’m cancelling the order. That’s just the way of life these days.

Reactions: Bvfa23 and EMT-BLS

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
I will give it till this coming Monday. Order was placed on 4/17/2019.

I did read on his site to allow 3 days to ship, so I will give him that.

I bought some stuff from Tom for my Jeep I had, it did take a couple of days to process the order and get in the mail. But after it processed, it arrived super quick. I actually ordered the Venom and 2 of their Signal dash lights.

Don’t give up just yet. I’m sure between the Easter holiday and stuff, everything might be slowed down.

Reactions: StEaLtH2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.