Reworked LP6000 w Stingrays

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have had lights over the years I wish that I hadn't sold, the LP6000 is one. After recently finding a great price on a great bar, I now own one again. It was from a smaller town Fire Truck with a large old school Opticom in the middle.

Ideally I was looking for a basic 4 rotator/2 diamond mirror with metal center. This one was loaded with 4 rotators and a pair of Stingrays so I needed to rework it. I was on the shelf if I should remove and sell the Stingrays or remove the inboard and replace with the Stingrays. I really like the light dance that the mirrors produce so I know rotating will be used more often.

I purchased a set of mirrors from Impala9C1 (thanks) and moved the stingrays to the inboard location. I did not anticipate that the controllers were going to be in the way so I had to trim them to fit. I reassembled the bar but it looked terrible without anything in the center. Until I was able to locate some mirrors I put in the odd ones that previously divided the rotators.

Other then wanting a new center section, I love how this bar is set up. If I find a good deal on another red filter I might put it in. If I had a great offer on the Stingrays I would just replace them with standard rotators.

Here is a video and a few pix of the progression.

2018-10-26 20.22.04.jpg2018-10-26 20.22.29.jpg2018-10-26 20.23.29.jpg2018-10-26 20.23.07.jpg2018-10-26 20.23.49.jpg2018-10-26 21.34.01.jpg

Last edited:

soutthpaw

May 2, 2018
Sparks, NV
That's cool, I have one of those from a bar that I stripped, but never actually ran it to see what it does. Mine has the molded black housing for the stingray

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Moulded black housing? Is that what you are referring to? I know Code 3 redesigned the control units from this style to one that looks like the 700 series flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.