RMS DS-100 The Traffic Stopper / Duosonic Siren! photo ad and patent added!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
After reading about this here a while back I began my hunt for one. I was able to get in touch with the original inventor and get his last one out of storage! The Duosonic tone is a combination Wail / Yelp simultaneously and will make your brain hurt if you listen to it too long. I can imagine it would be quite effective due to the uniqueness. A real first go at a "dual tone" siren. Here is a quick video that I made of it.

IMG_20210706_183146685.jpgIMG_20210706_183200216.jpg

ds100.png

Attachments

• duo sonic 2 crystal st.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • duo sonic patent.pdf
    800.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
It sounds like there's a little man inside the speaker yelling "ow! - ow! - ow! - ow!" as if he's getting smacked around while the combined tone is running. Certainly unique but I'd go nuts if I had to listen to that on a run. The yelp isn't too awful though.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I love the order on the dial, you go from manual to "duo sonic", to wail, then yelp. I would have thought the duo would be in the second or last tone position. Totally cool tone, I would use it as a T3+manual button option on a modern Whelen siren if it were offered. This is one of the cooler "alt tones" I have heard.

Reactions: tsquale

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
I agree, it's somewhat of a mix of Mad Max and Lone Wolf McQuade. To us it sounds somewhat abrasive maybe, but maybe that is not a bad thing to get the public's attention away from their text messages and facebook postings while driving??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.