Rontan Slimlight-S Wiring Diagram

Nov 24, 2016
Mahopac
Hello all,

I purchased a new 6 unit LED Rontan Lightbar today and cannot seem to find a wiring diagram that is correct for the model. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Slimlighter is Whelen. I'm assuming you meant the Squadlight-S lightstick? Do you have the DSC40 controller also or just the light? If it's just the light then you will only be able to turn it on and change the patterns, no directional signals. What wire colors do you have? I haven't installed a Squadlight but I might be able to determine how to wire it based on what colors you have and the couple of products I have worked on/installed for customers.

Nov 24, 2016
Mahopac
Negative, the box says Rontan Slimlight-S. I do not have the controller so it is just the light bar. The colors of the wires are as follows: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Brown

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Negative, the box says Rontan Slimlight-S. I do not have the controller so it is just the light bar. The colors of the wires are as follows: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Brown
Your title initially said Slimlighter-S. I have changed it now to reflect Slimlight-S

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Alright, now that I know the wire colors and how Rontan wired some of their products, red is the +12V feed and brown is the ground. The other 3 wires are the function wires. The green wire is steady burn and requires +12V but just because it has the wire doesn't mean it will steady burn. Orange wire is the flash wire, applying +12V will make the light stick flash. While it's on momentarily touching the Yellow wire to +12V will change the flash pattern.

If you want directional functions you'll have to find a DSC40 controller or an ICM10 control module.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.