Rontan Updates

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
During the course of research, I've stumbled across an update from Rontan Signals. Evidently, they've upped the ante with their product offerings for the warning industry. Here's a direct URL to their 2011 catalog: http://www.rontan.com/dados/cm/Rontan%202011%20Products%20Catalog.pdf. This includes several significant lightbar upgrades as well as a brand new lightbar.

According to their website, this is Rontan's 40th year in business. That's purdy impressive.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
It appears to me that the Attack Lightbar is not certified for primary warning utilization. I believe this Rontan's exterior effort to supplement the installation of an interior warning lightbar that would serve as the primary signaling device. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

The thing I found interesting is the similarity of Rontan's new LED technology to FedSig's ROC technology. Both have LED modules attached directly to circuit boards (with no wires). Rontan claims super-duper brightness, but what manufacturer doesn't these days?

If I were to buy one of their exterior lightbars today, I'd go for the updated StreamLux-S fully equipped with the solid reflective LED modules. A simple setup that should do the job well. What more can one ask for?

May 24, 2010
PG County, MD
Jared @ 911Lights said:
ledguy has it right, it is Juluen that is making the stuff, Axixtech is just a brand, so it isn't really rebranding. Juluen approached all the major players in the industry early on, and only Sho-me was interested, and they couldn't move the volume to keep Juluen happy. I guess in addition to making products for Sho-me FedSig, they are making products from Rontan.

[/quote:3i2r28w1]

While the Juluen products are in the Rontan catalog, Rontan does not have permission or selling rights to sell Juluen products in the US, and they currently have no agreement in place with Brooking to do so.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
eggcarton said:
Check these videos out

Hardly scientific....... I'd like to see a single bar next to a single bar..

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
At what point is something unsafe because it's *too* bright? I've been blinded by 1 pair of red and blue SOS P2 (duals) on a DUI/DWI trailer.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Doug said:
At what point is something unsafe because it's *too* bright? I've been blinded by 1 pair of red and blue SOS P2 (duals) on a DUI/DWI trailer.
I figure it's just best to use whatever minimum capability the light setup has to ensure 360 degree visibility at night, like only the 4 outer heads on a Liberty or Edge, or the outer 2 rotators on a halogen bar, etc, and no other lights, except maybe a pair of amber rear halogen flashers.

Outsider

May 21, 2010
New Hampshire
JohnMarcson said:
Hardly scientific....... I'd like to see a single bar next to a single bar..

Especially when at 1:04 in the second video he makes a statement about Whelen being "kinda bright". Umm.. thats the Federal Signal booth, not the Whelen booth.

Jan 14, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Hi everyone,

The Maximum range of lightbars is rated at 22000 lumen which as the post have stated is very bright. I have one of the pre-release lightbars here in Australia and it does leave everything else for dead.

As far as being 'to bright' when you utilize an IS3000 remote controller you have the ability to dim the output. So full brightness for the traffic intercept or if your working in the rain/snow/fog or you can dim it down 75 and 63% when doing static DUI/RBT roadside work.

Have a look at the videos here showing the Maximum in night operation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCFnKaaYyI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCFnKaaYyI

Remember you don't actually need any remote controllers to operate any of the Rontan range and a simple toggle switch set up will do the trick.

100% digital technology.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Dugald Johnston

Rontan Australia

PS - I'll be doing testing of the Maximum bar versus the Code3 Defender / Whelan Justice / Prolific Expediter (ECHO China) in the next month. This will involve full sun / rain / night and high speed drive-by testing in controlled test conditions. Will post videos once completed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.