Rotator filters for JetSonic?

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
JetSonics had colored rotator filters available for the rotators? News to me. I just bought a jetsonic (chain driven synchronized rotators) It has a center independent rotator and it has a filter on it. Clear center dome of course. Was just wondering how common it was to see this on the Jet series?

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Never heard jets had rotator filters and i am pretty sure they were not an options.
The jet independend rotators and gear rotators never had L-brackets holder on gears to screw the filter on them.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
I have never seen or heard of any filter for the rotators. There are non such information in the service manual and it is completely unnecessary with filters for the rotators due to the JetSonics clear lens with individual colored filter sections.
By the way; if your bar have a center lens section instead of a speaker, you have a JetStream and not a JetSonic.
Sonic = sound. With no sound capability you need another name and in this case it got the name Stream at the end due to the low air resistance.

Michael

Last edited:

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
I just bought it brand new (NOS) from a retired FS dealer. Maybe a prototype?

Attachments

• jets1.jpg
    jets1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 99
  • jet3.jpg
    jet3.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 94
  • jets2.jpg
    jets2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 90

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I have a hard time believing it is original. I feel like it would not have the large gaps between the filter and mirror on each end if it was made for it. Lot of dirt and grime around the name plate for being NOS. Was it stored in a barn out of box?!

Reactions: denko3

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Old style jet first generation.it have 537 signal stat flasher heavy duty,old fuse terminal barrel fuses.
the rotators looks like code3 lp6000 old style because code3 had reflector and filter alu.holders like Z-design profil and not squeer U-desigh profil and nets on reflectors which holds reflectors are same like ok lp rotators.
I would not be suprised in mine apinion if it was made prototip or even custom the amber filter is made very very good if i see right like streethawk rot.filter even almost the same.
Will see when you get it.....

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
The bars that are listed are all used. Some less then others. The center rotator filter was made by the dealer in house. The domes have a black vinyl decal applied to the dome tops. I just got done picking the shop. The bars he has left are all used that remain.

Reactions: Tony P

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Ok. So the chain driven rotators were offered under the Jetstream name? Or is this a Jetsonic and someone removed the speaker and swapped it out for a center dome?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
He removed the nuns hat. He had plenty of parts to flop them to the jetstream platform.

Reactions: Tony P

dcb

May 21, 2010
Lexington, Fayette Co, KY
Ok. So the chain driven rotators were offered under the Jetstream name? Or is this a Jetsonic and someone removed the speaker and swapped it out for a center dome?
The nametags varied - Federal labels some at JetSonics, and some as JetStreams. Officially, the JetStream is the all-light model.

And, FWIW - the JetStream might be the most aerodynamic bar ever made... it was tested to have something like 99.6% the same efficiency as no lightbar.

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
Id like to make it original again. Does anyone have a speaker cover for this available for sale? Also, Did they offer solid color domes for this bar? All the literature I have read just mentions clear domes with colored inserts. I know there are solid color domes in the jet series but I mean for this particular model (model year) JetSonic series.

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
Id like to make it original again. Does anyone have a speaker cover for this available for sale? Also, Did they offer solid color domes for this bar? All the literature I have read just mentions clear domes with colored inserts. I know there are solid color domes in the jet series but I mean for this particular model (model year) JetSonic series.

I have a Jetsonic speaker cover I would sell. It has no speaker and is missing the back cover plate but does have a NOS base plate and wires for attaching to a speaker. Overall it's in good shape. PM me if you would like some pictures.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.