Roto Ray Warning Lights

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
Just in case someone is wanting the information on how to contact the manfacture directly

Richard V. Slepetz, President

Roto Rays Inc

722 Park Ave

Herndon, VA 20170

(703) 437-3353

No Website

Fenton Fire Equipment apparently seems to have become a "dealer" for them :?:

If you buy directly from Mr. Slepetz you get discounts :!:

Thought I'd share with the whole class :D

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Think I remember seeing a catalog or looking online at some point regarding Fenton selling the Rotorays. Are they selling the halogen and the LED versions?

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
One of our stations just got a new engine a couple months ago. It has a Roto-Ray on it. I have always thought that they look kind of odd, and I still do.

But, they are EFFECTIVE. This engine has gobs of LEDs. Which are awesome bright. But when Engine 4 comes down the street, all you can see is the RotoRay coming at you. And that is in broad daylight. At night it is insane. I never thought it would be that effective.

And another thing is, its nice to see some tradition kept alive, you know?

Oh yeah, of course the Q is there also. Lotsa light, lotsa noise. Helps get the job done.

Bob P

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
ark_firefighter said:
A "real" fire truck has the following...

Q Siren

Roto Ray

Leather Helmets

Leather Forever Baby !!!

I spend too much time on Facebook; I was looking for the "like" button. But yeah, I agree.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
ark_firefighter said:

Q Siren

Roto Ray

Leather Helmets

Leather Forever Baby !!!

And no blue lights!!!

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
ark_firefighter said:

Q Siren

Roto Ray

Leather Helmets

Leather Forever Baby !!!

You forgot the bell, controlled by pullcord from inside the cab.

I think the new Rotorays spin too fast. YEARS ago when I was in Philly we had them, and they spun much slower. They were still very highly visible. I'm thinking it's because they were Buckeyes and gear driven, vs direct drive nowadays.

AggiePhil

Jul 17, 2010
Southwest
Looks to be a Pierce demo truck. Might be one of their company mottos. I wouldn't get too hung up on it. Firefighters do protect and serve. :)

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3130_2675331204_5eeccdbe96.png

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
They are great lights. Around me they have full LED set ups (the rest are on order with Pierce) with a halogen roto ray in red red white/clear, which works great. When the rig is in park it stops spinning and slowly flashes all three pods of the roto ray at the same time - a nice touch. I haven't seen the LED version in person but I think the halogen is excellent - combine that with a HLF and from a distance that is the first think you will see.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Phillyrube said:
You forgot the bell, controlled by pullcord from inside the cab.

I think the new Rotorays spin too fast. YEARS ago when I was in Philly we had them, and they spun much slower. They were still very highly visible. I'm thinking it's because they were Buckeyes and gear driven, vs direct drive nowadays.

Have that on our peterbilt tanker! Love the bell. Can't hear it for diddly squat over the engine noise when the truck is running though...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.