Rubberized Feet for FedSig Sentry roof light mounting

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
About the time I was quarantined with COVID I got the bright idea to put a retro light in my car. After some research I decided on a blue FedSig Sentry 175fpm rotator which I put a cigarette plug on.

I used to have a Whelen Mini-Freedom with LIN6s, and people here advised me to get rubber feet of the type used in radio antennas to put over the lightbar's feet in order to prevent paint damage (which my previous car had). It worked well, really really well, and the paint damage was cosmetic only.

I have been trying to find the same type of rubber feet to put over the Sentry's magnet (off the top of my head I think the diameter I measured for it is either 3.25 or 3.75 inches). Despite scouring this forum, my e-mail, and the internet I can't find the rubber magnet covers that I need.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY
You were right on point. Had no luck searching my e-mail records or Google, found what I needed in the diameter I needed in 5 seconds on E-Bay.

I took a second look at the magnet. It looks like it was covered with black electrical tape, which after taking it up on the highway sticks to my roof just fine. How well does electrical tape coating a magnet work for protection?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I have a fully covered magnet I got from my heavy duty truck parts supplier who also is my whelen dealer for my mini edge, 4 90# pull magnets for 360#'s of pulling power, at 100 mph flying down the road with the strobes going nothing takes that light off the roof. Only thing to ever move it was when my previous interceptor was tboned. As you can see below

IMG_20190419_055916.jpgIMG_20190419_060151.jpg

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
360^ coverage..... check

we deserve a video with some hi/lo siren!!
Hahaha

Jun 25, 2010
Upstate NY

Another question. The light came with a thin adhesive membrane over the magnet, presumably to try and protect against roof damage. The rubber magnet covers arrived, but after testing them out I am not confident on their ability to hold the light on at speed. Would coating the outside of the magnet with a protective solvent to inhibit rust be worthwhile?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.