Whelen Sapphire Controller

c.ferguson4809

May 26, 2010
Central Texas
I have two questions when it comes to the Sapphire Control System.
  1. How do you remove the plastic covers from the buttons, I have a label maker and would like to change the labels. I could try to just pull them off but I don't want to break anything.
  2. How do you use command software to have the 3rd slider position automatically start the hands free siren?

What control head do you have? If its one with clear plastic covers, I use a pick, or small flathead screwdriver, and pop the plastic cover off by poking the side of the plastic.

As far as S3 turning on hands free, could you be more specific? Like you just want the ability for hands free to be started in S3? Or you want the siren to turn on as well?

In command select S3 position in the upper screen on your control head image. Then go down to the bottom half of the screen, find the input that you want to turn on, and select “set to on.”

Upvote 0
Whelen will mail you a set of replacement legends if you call and ask nicely.
I will have to try that.
What control head do you have? If it's one with clear plastic covers, I use a pick, or small flathead screwdriver, and pop the plastic cover off by poking the side of the plastic.

As far as S3 turning on hands free, could you be more specific? Like you just want the ability for hands free to be started in S3? Or you want the siren to turn on as well?

In command select S3 position in the upper screen on your control head image. Then go down to the bottom half of the screen, find the input that you want to turn on, and select “set to on.”
I have the blue/black control head. Thanks for the tip on the plastic cover.

S3 Clarification: When I get to S3 I want the siren itself to start playing, and as I tap the horn cycle through the HBuff tones.

Upvote 0
S3 Clarification: When I get to S3 I want the siren itself to start playing, and as I tap the horn cycle through the HBuff tones.
Click on your control head. Then click SL3. Now move to the bottom portion of the screen and select your Inputs tab. Select Virtual inputs. On your list of Virtual inputs, look for Hands Free Buffer. Change that from “none” to “Set to HBuff1” That will start the Hands free Buffer tones. Keep in mind that in order for this to work properly, your horn transfer relay will need to be on, and your knob will need to be in the hands free position. You can bypass the knob, and do the same procedure above for starting the hands free buffer, and in the same SL3 input selection, go down to the bottom inputs section, under “knob slide switch,” select Hands free, and change that to “Set to On.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lrnzfelix