Sate Rep. Julia Hurley gets pulled over.

NCFD43

Oct 18, 2010
Northeast Ohio
HA! Hurley got her arse handed to her by a very patient THP trooper. +1 for cops who stick it to em..

PS. for being a woman of the man, Hurley seemed to have a rather large and solid object made of oak stuck in her fecal extraction chute.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
I couldn't take any more, didn't finish the video. I will not get into a pissing match with someone on the side of a 50 mph roadway. As soon as she said "I'm not signing it" I would have warned her of the penalty for refusing (jail) and asked her to sign again. If/when she refused, I would have requested another unit for an arrest, stepped to the back of the car and waited for my backup to help extricate the defendant from the vehicle. What an idiot... (the state senator, not the trooper)

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Oh, come on! Everybody knows elected officials are above the law and better than us, the little people.

But seriously, the best word to describe this woman starts with a C, and ends with T. I also watched the "apology" video. She was a hag there too.

I'm glad the Trooper kept her wits. With that kind of idiot, she would have tried to barbecue her if she had lost her cool.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
I'm so glad we don't have to have the driver sign... the box is there for them to sign, but we *never* ask them to.

If a driver refuses to take the citation, we can just throw it on their dash and walk back to the cruiser.

(If my memory serves me, the reason that we aren't required is because it was agreed that handing a pen to the driver was poor form, as it could be used as a weapon, and thus we weren't required to sign as it is an officer safety issue.)

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
I think its Hilarius that she called a lawyer or whoever it was cause she didn't believe that if she didn't sign it she would go to jail. I loved it her change of tone when she found out she could go to jail.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Local Video

Apology video.

I laughed... "I know my rights, I don't have to go to jail.".... Well, that's not a constitutionally protected right, so that's not a right... and no, you don't have to go to jail, you're going to go to jail.

And with Zach, no sign.... here's your ticket and it's laid on their lap and I walk away.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
If someone won't sign, I usually have them step out and go ahead and hook them up so they can go to jail and pay the cash bond. If I'm feeling like a prick, I will also charge them with anything they were going to get a warning for and cite them for failure to sign a citation (only like $26 but kind of a final f you). If I'm in a good mood I'll give them one warning that they will go to jail if they don't sign before pulling them out.

Bonanno

May 21, 2010
Neptune, NJ
THANK GOD we don't even have an option for signatures in NJ. All I do when I return is give credentials back, give summons, explain the summons and if they need to attend court or not, and how to contact the court to pay the fine and impose the points if any and when to do it by.

If i had to have people sign, I expect I'd have a LOT more arrests as I already get a good amount of lip sometimes by just giving them the summons or even stopping them.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
Unless the citation is a criminal infraction requiring a court appearance, we don't require signatures any longer. You check the block indicating you delivered a copy to the violator, and send them on their way. Makes for less roadside debates.

kitn1mcc

May 24, 2010
Old lyme ct
do they have special plates there for law makers like they do here in ct. also why did they ask for bill of sale

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
FireEMSPolice said:
Whats a drive-out tag? Temp tag?

Drive out tag is given at a dealership, tax tag is given for private party sales.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
As far as the bill of sale, notice the license plate in the back window. She must have recently picked it up from the dealer.

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
In TN when you buy a vehicle they give you a temp tag. It is only good for a month which is plenty of time to go get a tag for your vehicle. If in the meantime you get pulled over you must be able to provide the bill of sale to officer.

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I have to say that the way she acted is uncalled for and just down right rude. The officer was placed on the side of the road for a long period of time and being placed in danger from traffic. I love how the officer told her that sh would gladly look up the law once she got to the jail... She should have been yanked out of the car by her hair and thrown in jail just to be taught a lesson.......

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
FireEMSPolice said:
She used to be a Hooters girl.

She apparently couldn't cut it as a Hooter's girl. :) Search Google for the pic showing her topless with a cowboy's rope lariat wrapped around her boobs, or what little bit there are of them. She's nothing special to look at and is kinda bitchy looking in the pic. Since she likes to play cowgirl, she obviously needs a riding crop applied liberally and often.

If that trooper would have been a guy, I'll bet she would have been a little nicer, but then again, maybe not. She looked like she was trying to test the female trooper and get a ace in the hole because she was a holier than thou legislator and figured she knew the law. The trooper actually let her get an advantage on her by playing along and it would have been more difficult to make a physical arrest if it had come down to it.

There's no way I would have stood at that car door for 2+ minutes with cars whizzing by waiting on her to make a phone call. She can do it when we get through at the booking desk.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Looks like being a lawmaker just went to her head...

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
nerdly_dood said:
Looks like being a lawmaker just went to her head...
Pretty typical here in good ole TN. One of the Fords (can't remember if he was a rep or senator), got popped doing 95 in a 65 outside of Memphis by THP. Shithead called the Commissioner of the THP and got out of the cite and arrest and the Trooper was reprimanded and reassigned in another district.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.