Saunders Ticket Board

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Didn't put this in the equipment section cause its really not emergency equipment but anyways....

Has anyone seen or used any of the Saunders Ticket Boards? I need some type of storage clipboard for work and was thinking about this. Its kind of fancy and buffy and a little expensive so I just wanted to see if anyone can recommend it or shoot it down before I actually buy it. Heres a link: http://www.saunders-usa.com/ticketboard/

Thanks

May 20, 2010
Hamilton, Ohio
I have one and believe me, DO NOT waste your money on this thing. It looks neat, has fancy lights, magnifies the ID, and has a nifty spot to place your citations, but it is very impractical. Mine sits in my battle bag on the passenger seat to keep tow sheets and witness statement forms, what little I can fit in there because it doesnt hold much paperwork. It was given to me as a gift and I tried writing a ticket with it once and it was so uncomfortable having this thing between me and the steering wheel trying to write the citation. I find my common citation holder with the ID clip on it and mini calender on my dash board works just fine. This thing is just to bulky and takes up to much space inside your car and definately is not worth the money. Just my .02.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I don't have one, but I'm inclined to think that it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. How complicated does a clipboard have to be?

In my experience, clipboards and flashlights tell you a lot about how long someone's been on the Job. You start out with 19 cell flashlights and 4 pound clipboards that are 6 inches thick, and after about 5 years you are down to a flashlight that can actually be carried on a belt without kneecapping yourself, and a clipboard that is actually just a clipboard. Like Jasen said, the free calendar from a wrecker service and the LCD "You must be born on or before this date to buy beer" thing you bum off of your local distributor will do the trick.

The plastic, thin box-boards from Saunders or kind of neat though, because they are inexpensive and lightweight. I considered getting a couple in different colors and using each for a specific form, one for crashes, one for witness statements, and so forth, but plain file folders won out.

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
After 8 years I had a system and that would not fit in with how I did things. How much is it?

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
We have issued clipboards for citations in the car, but I have 2 extras that I bought that I keep in my patrol bag (never fails I write my last citation and need about 14 more citations right then and there). I bought the ones like LT1 posted, I bought those on purpose because I can slide the citation book all the way to the left of the clipboard and have plenty of space on the right to rest my hand while writing without smearing ink all over.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Thanks for all the replies! I figured everyone would say what they did, it just seems too fancy for an easy task. I basically need something that can do everything, so it needs to be bigger then just the size of a summons. I guess I'll get the saunders one that's 8 1/2 x 11. Our reports here are like booklets and 14" legal size. :roll:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.