SC-1012 troubleshooting

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
Is it OK to run a Carson SC-1012 for short periods of time to test functionality without a speaker connected? The manual says "If a speaker or speaker lead is shorted the fuse will blow before the unit is damaged. Disconnect the SPKR leads and replace the fuse. If the amplifier makes noise with Wail mode selected and Enable Input powered the amplifier is OK. Check the speaker or leads for possible shorting." (Emphasis added)

This seems to suggest that they want you to test the amplifier without a speaker to troubleshoot and that you will hear the siren tone from the amplifier to check functionality.

billyfromhill

Nov 30, 2014
Western New York
OK. I'm not wiring the remote switches 100% the way the manual indicates (using a foot pedal for manual instead of a rocker) and I want to make sure everything will work before I install everything

Reactions: SafetyLighting

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.