Negative Scam, 231 30th Street East Tuscaloosa, AL 35405 & 3715 3rd ave E

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Beware of these 2 addresses,
231 30th Street East Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
3715 3rd ave E Tuscaloosa AL.

205-615-2022, 970-315-2895 (probably changed by now as he changed the other too).

Guy has used 3 different names that I know of.
We were going to trade some lights, I shipped mine, he ships his. Spoke to him on the phone seem like a real nice guy and all but was just getting scammed. (Not just md either).

He took some time to write up a bill of sale, we texted sent pictures, no real red flags there. We both shipped at the same time but unfortunately he just sent me scrap that was enough to get a tracking number for me to ship. He deliberately did not send what he was supposed to but received and kept my lights. Turns out the number he was using was a VOIP and he shut that off the morning he got my lights.

He uses fake business names (towing company, repair shop, storage facility. I am sure many more too) and was using gmail addresses with me. He then contacted me pretending to be someone else to try and get additional info.

His ebay Id is coverts_78

The local police dont seem to care much but the post office did (makes it a federal thing too). It was a form of mail fraud because he used the mail to further his scam.

He had 2 accounts here and was banned. Beware of any new members here in that area looking for a trade with any similar circumstances. Feel free to run it by the admin team here too if you find anything similar.

Hoping this post makes a google search too.

And "Michael" you can still return them or pay me for them, I can report the issue resolved with the postal inspector up until they bring any charges.

Here is the original for sale posting I had and another with a few details of his scam.

Last edited:

TactMedic

Oct 31, 2016
Canada
Also almost get scam by him. Under different name, prentends to be an emergency dealer. Even take the time to make a trades agreement, pretending to be wrote by his assistant. Using also gmail address and when ask him why the address is a house and there's no traces of his LLC business in the state registry, no domain name website but a .wix.com or similar, pretends that his company didnt need to be in the registry and there's no .com or similar domain to save money ... Been flag to the admin too

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.