Second Siren hooked to a Whelen HHS2200

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I Have a HHS2200 which i am only running 100 w right now, i am about to add a second speaker to this as well as another speaker and siren. I am adding a federal signal ms4000 got it on trade and am going to remote mount it and am wondering how i should hook it up. Right now i turn the lights on thru the HHS and run sirens thru the horn switch. I typically putting the controller down and dont touch it till i get to the station or scene, if its the station once i turn the truck off the lights all turn off as well. I really dont want to have to look down and play with the siren tones, can you program it for once the HF button is pushed it will activate another output. and once its turned off it will kill that output? Ideas guys?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
So you want to run 2 sirens, one in 200W mode and 1 in 100w mode? I'm confused on what you are trying to do...

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I don't see why you couldn't hook up he MS4000 as a stand alone siren, completely separate from the HHS2200 and just use an on/off button on the HHS to turn it on. You would have to set it to a tone and leave it. Basically (in theory) you would just be using the HHS2200 as an on/off switch for the MS4000.

Clear as mud? I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
It would be the same principal as if I were to add a 3rd speaker (already have dual SA314Ps) and mount an Alpha 12Q and run the trigger to the 12Q to a momentary switch on my HHS2200. (Not that I've planed that or anything... :p :twisted: :twisted: )

r1ms12

May 21, 2010
NCR
Good idea. I set up a car a few months ago with an HHS2200 and hooked up a unitrol 80k amp to the "alley" light switch, which controls 3 outlets (4, 5 and 4&5 I believe). Then hooked up HiLo, Yelp wires and when both circuits come on at the same time, it produces unitrol's version of the phaser sound.

Using the alley light button function on the HHS2200 gives you some flexibility with several tones and only takes up one button.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.