Security Vehicles... What your company uses..

gfpd26

May 21, 2010
Greenville, IL
I would like to see what other Security/Protection Departments are using for vehicles. If your company runs anything other than amber, explain why. I DO NOT want this turning into a "bashing Security" thread. If ya want to do that, go somewhere else.

Here are our 2 main vehicles. We also have an S-10 fire extinguisher service truck (not pictured).

All of our vehicles has R/B lights, wigwags, strobes and sirens. We run fire, rescue, ems, hazmat and security for the plant. Roughly 500 buildings and 1500 employees and 10,000 acres. We do have an onsite fulltime Fire Dept. with 2 engines and a brush rig also.

Lp6000, wigwags, corner strobes, 295 siren. This is now our Chiefs truck

ai242.photobucket.com_albums_ff67_chief_homer_Fire_20Dept_20related_1013082015.jpg

R/B Liberty, wig-wags, corner/rear strobes, 295 siren. This is the Shift Commanders truck.

ai242.photobucket.com_albums_ff67_chief_homer_Mobile_20Uploads_0505101915b.jpg

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
So are security for a power plant of something? Im guessing because that would explain red/blue lights and siren

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I'd show ya the security vehicle from our local P&G Plant, but its only a Ford Ranger with a single amber strobe or rotator beacon on it, and a Ford Escape with some sort of dual rotator amber mini bar... LoL

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
gman021 said:
So are security for a power plant of something? Im guessing because that would explain red/blue lights and siren

He runs all sorts of emergency services in the plant. Some security companies, depending on their function need a siren.

kd0giz

Jun 8, 2010
New Liberty IA
We were running 2 marked Ford Rangers, one a 2006 and the other a 2004. Both ran Vectors in BCBARCR with arrowsticks in the back. We provide EMS, HAZMAT, and RESCUE on site. The middle amber is on a seperate switch that is to be used when driving in the plant. I cannot provide pictures as cameras are not allowed on site. We now have a 2008 Ford F-150 Supercab 4X4 the my supervisor is doing up. Replaced the 2006 Ranger.

We do also have a '08 Explorer that has all sorts of LED goodies in it. Another member of the previous board did it.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
phone pix 102.jpgTwo from my former company. I was their office manager for a couple of years after I retired from LE. The equipment was left on the cars by local PD's that knew and trusted us.

We just switched out the blue lenses for red, which is legal on private property only. We also had amber to the rear. I wired hidden cutoff switches so non-authorized personnel couldn't use the lights, but senior people, mostly off duty and retired cops were the only drivers anyway. We did several huge apartment complexes, so we kept the reds with super strict rules about usage.

The stripes look like paint, but are actually vehicle wrap. They heat shrink it on, and you would swear it was painted on. Amazing stuff. It cost about $500 per car.

The white vic was a steal. We bought it from our town PD. It had been a school resource officer's car, and he was the only driver and kept the car detailed. It drove like a new one. We bought it for $1400!

phone pix 100.jpg

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Those Winchester units are nice very very good job. love them

As for those security cars ehhhh im not happy about the red but hey private property is private property you can do whatever you want so its cool they do look nice love them too.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Sharp cars! So you just position the wrap and heat it up?

crescentstar69 said:
View attachment 5745View attachment 5746Two from my former company. I was their office manager for a couple of years after I retired from LE. The equipment was left on the cars by local PD's that knew and trusted us.

We just switched out the blue lenses for red, which is legal on private property only. We also had amber to the rear. I wired hidden cutoff switches so non-authorized personnel couldn't use the lights, but senior people, mostly off duty and retired cops were the only drivers anyway. We did several huge apartment complexes, so we kept the reds with super strict rules about usage.

The stripes look like paint, but are actually vehicle wrap. They heat shrink it on, and you would swear it was painted on. Amazing stuff. It cost about $500 per car.

The white vic was a steal. We bought it from our town PD. It had been a school resource officer's car, and he was the only driver and kept the car detailed. It drove like a new one. We bought it for $1400!

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Station 3 said:
Those Winchester units are nice very very good job. love them

As for those security cars ehhhh im not happy about the red but hey private property is private property you can do whatever you want so its cool they do look nice love them too.

I concur, but the boss was active duty LE, and insisted. His decision.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
badge22 said:
Sharp cars! So you just position the wrap and heat it up?

Yep. Heat it up and it shrinks and almost melts into cracks and crevices. You would swear it is paint, but it peels off with a little coaxing when the car goes bye bye. They warrantee it not to peel, crack, etc. for the service life of the car. A local company, Yipes Stripes did it. Neat stuff.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Regarding the wrap, I read somewhere that some PD's are doing this to make their cars black and white. That way they can peel it off when the vehicle is retired and have it one solid color and its cheaper.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
FireEMSPolice said:
Regarding the wrap, I read somewhere that some PD's are doing this to make their cars black and white. That way they can peel it off when the vehicle is retired and have it one solid color and its cheaper.

+1 I know of two departments using this method. It is only slightly more expensive than painting the car aftermarket, considerably cheaper than ordering it new in two tone and brings much more resale $$ when it gets auctioned off. The municipalities make out, it give some work to the local sign guy and the auction winner is much more happy with a single color car. (Unless it's Martel LOL) A win / win for everyone.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
It all depends on the installer. (doesn't everything?) If it is done right, it can't be beat. Peel it off and sell the car. It is low tack, so sticky residue isn't a problem.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
FireEMSPolice said:
He runs all sorts of emergency services in the plant. Some security companies, depending on their function need a siren.

The Lubrizol plant on the west end of the county has a fire department, staffed with fully trained FFs who drive fire apparatus (apparati?) with red lights and sirens. While they concentrate mainly on the plant, they have mutual aid agreements with area FDs and were part of the 26 agencies that responded to Fairport Harbor last month for the multiple fires caused when the gas company's restrictors failed and over-pressured the lines into people's houses.

Skippy

Jul 3, 2010
Florida, USA
FireEMSPolice said:

City here did that. They looked good from afar, but the bumpers and big corners didn't look nice. So they ended up peeling them off and painting.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Skippy said:
City here did that. They looked good from afar, but the bumpers and big corners didn't look nice. So they ended up peeling them off and painting.

I was worried about that. We had a Security vehicle with a wrap. It was a TERRIBLE job. It peeled and everything. Awful!

May 21, 2010
Calhoun, TN
When I worked at the local paper mill here we drove white F-150's with strobe mini bars (red/clear to front & amber/red to rear) to patrol or run errands in. We also had an ambulance, an engine, hazmat truck, rescue trailer (high angle/ confined space), and deluge guns on trailers.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so apparently my security company has alot of vehicles to choose from since we're the "number 1 american owned" company in the USA. Did a quick google search...

awww.piedmontcenter.com_DSN_wwwpiedmontcentercom_Content_Images_Security_20Truck.jpg

heres amber and green at an apartment complex or something on a ford...

[Broken External Image]:http://rivermillcommunity.com/images/Community Photos/Allied_Barton.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.villageshoppesatcreekside.com/media/contact.jpg

heres a video with a vehicle in it..

http://phoenix.jobing.com/video_details.asp?segment=4876&i=17484

on our training manuals, i've seen escapes, f 150's, explorers and other vehicles with everything from mini edges to vectors like above.

now for the bastard account I work at here's what we drive that belongs to our contract and not the company I work for...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_0104111015.jpg

thats it when its strobed out. :eek:

otherwise it looks like this.... but crappier, and with close to 300,000 miles on it...

awww.featuredcars.com_images_full_1999_Nissan_Quest_9397_1.jpg

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Here are some local mall security vehicles

Mall at Tuttle Crossing Security - Dublin, Ohio

Ford Escape

*Security at this mall is contracted to Valor Security Services

Tuttle rear.jpg

Polaris Fashion Place - Columbus, Ohio

2007 Honda CR-V

*Security at this mall is in-house through Ohio Retail Security, LLC which is the security branch of the mall owners. In case anyone asks about the wrap, the only way the mall will get vehicles is if its a sponsorship. In this case, the local Honda dealer sold this car to them brand new for $1.00 for 3 years, got all sorts of sponsorship ads around the mall and then the car had to be re-sold to the dealer for $1.00 + any damages. I am told they paid over $5K to fix it and return it at the end. Talking to the Security Officers, it was a crappy car, always in the shop (local Honda dealer). Probably paid over sticker for it when it was all said and done.

27827_1437171126862_1160517740_1270961_1192189_n.jpg

These are some random ones around town:

Abbott Nutrition - Columbus, Ohio

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport

*Security contracted to US Security Associates, Inc.

08JeepLibertySport.jpg

U.S. Protection Service - Columbus, Ohio

*The lightbars are Whelen Justice in green/amber. They also have TOMAR LED lightbars in green/amber and run an all civilian Impala fleet.

new_cruisers_7-6-09.jpg

Thats all I got in my collection

pencil.png

Tuttle front.jpg

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
Jarred J. said:
so apparently my security company has alot of vehicles to choose from since we're the "number 1 american owned" company in the USA. Did a quick google search...

awww.piedmontcenter.com_DSN_wwwpiedmontcentercom_Content_Images_Security_20Truck.jpg

heres amber and green at an apartment complex or something on a ford...

[Broken External Image]:http://rivermillcommunity.com/images/Community Photos/Allied_Barton.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.villageshoppesatcreekside.com/media/contact.jpg

heres a video with a vehicle in it..

http://phoenix.jobing.com/video_details.asp?segment=4876&i=17484

on our training manuals, i've seen escapes, f 150's, explorers and other vehicles with everything from mini edges to vectors like above.

now for the bastard account I work at here's what we drive that belongs to our contract and not the company I work for...

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v689_military_dude69_0104111015.jpg

thats it when its strobed out. :eek:

otherwise it looks like this.... but crappier, and with close to 300,000 miles on it...

awww.featuredcars.com_images_full_1999_Nissan_Quest_9397_1.jpg

We have some of the Allied Barton guys at 1 of our local malls.

These guys are a Joke Poorly dressed, Fat Sloopy Guys who look as if they hadn't showered in a week.

As for their cars they use a 2006 Civilian model Charger with an old Fed.Sig. Arrow stick mounted facing forward on the roof.

I'd like to mark my car,But with the wide variety of Services we do I wouldn't know what to put on it.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
nerdly_dood said:
Do you actually use this or is it just a show piece?

Easton uses it as a show piece/PR stuff. I saw it at the Christmas Parade. I find it parked in what seems to be random places when I go there. There is a plaque or something inside that tells about the restoration process. They put alot of time and $$ in it to restore it. Looks sharp!

May 21, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
FireEMSPolice said:
Easton uses it as a show piece/PR stuff. I saw it at the Christmas Parade. I find it parked in what seems to be random places when I go there. There is a plaque or something inside that tells about the restoration process. They put alot of time and $$ in it to restore it. Looks sharp!

As he said, it's usually just used for show. We have used it for patrol in a pinch though. :)

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
Since 2001 I've worked weekends and holidays for Utica Community Schools Security Dept.

We have 2 vehicles. a 1994-97(i'd have to check the vin to get the correct year) GMC 2 door Jimmy 4X4.

And A PRE 2000 Astro van.

Both are silver with black decals. They both have plain "UCS SECURITY" on 3 sides.

The Jimmy had a LP6000 38" bar 2 rotators with cascades and alleys (clear with amber filters)

But I changed it to a 4 strobe LFL (all amber) The shorter than 47 inch version, but not the mini bar size.

Has alleys and takedowns. I also use a Visibeam mag mount. They won't let us add spotlights to each vehicle.

The Astro van has the same LP6000 38" bar but has amber domes with clear alley bullseye's but has 4 rotators

Both are rusting from the inside out and my admins have no plans on replacing or fixing the rust issues.

UCS is Municipal, so both have X plates.

I'll have dig up the photo's I have somewhere.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
EL1998P71 said:
Since 2001 I've worked weekends and holidays for Utica Community Schools Security Dept.
We have 2 vehicles. a 1994-97(i'd have to check the vin to get the correct year) GMC 2 door Jimmy 4X4.

And A PRE 2000 Astro van.

Both are silver with black decals. They both have plain "UCS SECURITY" on 3 sides.

The Jimmy had a LP6000 38" bar 2 rotators with cascades and alleys (clear with amber filters)

But I changed it to a 4 strobe LFL (all amber) The shorter than 47 inch version, but not the mini bar size.

Has alleys and takedowns. I also use a Visibeam mag mount. They won't let us add spotlights to each vehicle.

The Astro van has the same LP6000 38" bar but has amber domes with clear alley bullseye's but has 4 rotators

Both are rusting from the inside out and my admins have no plans on replacing or fixing the rust issues.

UCS is Municipal, so both have X plates.

I'll have dig up the photo's I have somewhere.

This is one thing I get tired of, the client/employer not caring about security. We have a 2008 Jeep with 28K miles. The A/C doesnt work, rear hatch wont lock, odometer button is hard to work due to constant resetting, etc and we are expected to wear long sleeve shirts/ties year round because its what the client likes.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
The meadowlands has a variety of vehicles all with some sort of amber bar up top from code 3's to whelen. At the otw i am at i get to drive a new durrango with a mini liberty in amber on top. There is a whelen speaker sill installed and an airhorn/pa system is there but something is not connected somewhere. The truck was in two minor accidents prior to me working there and i think things were just not reconnected.

Matted33

Feb 6, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
dustymedic said:
Could they make that look any more like a PD unit????

Almost every "police" dept. in the city looks like real NYCP cars now. The hospitals have "police" cars that look like real RMPs and so do Shomrim patrols. Hell, even the new traffic and school safety cars are while with blue strips and LED Vision bars.

[Broken External Image]:http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/matted33/YW-RKCH-020.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/matted33/2854176986_1281b2558e.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/matted33/950199ee0b94cc33943bacaccbce9c92.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/matted33/NYPD_Auxiliary_RMP.jpg

Matted33

Feb 6, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
FireEMSPolice said:
Why does the NYPD need a Civilian Patrol? Isnt that kinda the role of the Auxiliary?

Let me try and explain this without sounding like a racist. The civilian patrol is this group called Shomrim, they area a neighborhood watch found in the Hasidic Jewish communities in Brooklyn. They kinda like a neighborhood watch, but they all have NYPD ID cards and they have a very bad reputation.

NYPD Shomrim Society

Shomrim (volunteers) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you ask most NYPD cops, they will tell you that they are an example of the city pandering to their community.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
You do sound racist. Anyone can join the NYPD Civilian Patrol. Its not just for Hasidic Jews. And the NYPD and the City made it to keep NYC safe after they keep cutting cops for budget cuts. For the same reason they painted Aux. and Traffic White and Blue to look like there are more cops on the street.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.