Setina or Go Rhino?

zsiya

May 22, 2010
AL
Is there a real difference between the two? Don't really plan on pushing anything=big anyway. Looks like CampSafety has the best deal so far on the Setina.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I've always preferred Setina because they are cheaper and their customer service is top notch, not really a noticeable difference between the two brands! But the biggest reason i chose them is because they are the only ones that still make things for the old 90's caprices!

WireKing

Dec 16, 2010
USA Southwest
Setina +1000!!!

Go rhino's customer service sucks, and they pack the bumpers really cheapy to the point that nearly every one I've order has opened up on transit or something is missing or scratched up.

They have good products, but they are lacking in the CS Dept for sure. And Miguel is a moron. He personally has messed up a few too many orders for me.

Too bad. So sad. It's not a personal attack, just my opinion.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
I too have used Setina for 20+ years and Go Rhino, Setina tests all their products if it shall be used for public safety and pushing on vehicles, I've never had a problem with Setina's products. Go Rhino on the other hand their powder coating is much lighter than the Setina, but you can choose a heavier coating for a fee. Setina is the way to go.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
I've taken off alot of Go-rhino's in the last 10 years, and they are heavily rusted after 5 years of service.

And most times you have to cut the bolt heads off with a torch.

On the other hand, Setina is not as bad. But lately the powered coating is on the thin side.

I have a PB400 on my F-150 and had to repaint the mounts after a year on. I used etching primer and oil base paint, and after 2 years I started seeing rust around the bolts. Probably due to the serrated nuts cutting into the mounts. But for ease of mounting and customer service, Setina is the way to go.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.