Several cruisers raming suspect.

Strobe Craft

Jul 23, 2011
IL
What stuck out to me was how hard and how many times the cruisers ramed this guy...never seen that before. But than again I live in the boon docks...Man, anyone say body shop work?

In Grand rapids.

After killing 7 people, Rodrick Dantzler runs from police where he eventually ditches his car and takes an elderly couple hostage in their home. Dantzler let one hostage go, then killed himself.
It should be noted:

0:34 - GRPD rams fleeing vehicle

1:25 - Second view of GRPD ramming vehicle + another ram + shots fired

1:47 - Officer oversteers through a turn and loses it.

10:50 Suspect drives through ditch

11:25 Suspect starts driving in the wrong lane, towards oncoming vehicles.

13:35 Suspects crashes car and flees into an apartment where he takes several people hostage for a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the guy shoots out the suburban's window at an officer within the first 40 seconds of the video?

Not surprised about the response.

A patrol car is just a tool. Nothing more. There is (almost) not limit to how many patrol cars I would sacrifice to stop someone who killed 7 people already - and was actively shooting at officers.

Even if you lost your entire fleet of cars, you have to do it in this situation.

After the crash at the end of the video he fled on foot into a nearby residential neighborhood and took some people hostage. At about the 10 minute mark, when the two unmarked cars take the lead, the rumble strips sounds like the theme from Jaws.

Not surprised at all by it. Not to many shootings and murders out by me but when someone runs from the cops around here every agency is on them till the wheels fall off.

Surprised he made it as far as he did.. They shoulda hit im harder in the doors when he had the chance..

CACBAND said:
Lucky he wasn't in Texas, they'd have just called in an aerial sniper and ended it.

You are 100% correct, Texas DPS does not F-around in these situations, they will take one out with bullets, not a push bar. If the helicopter could not get there they would have ended it with an officer in the passenger seat to spay the suspect with bullets to stop him. There is documented video proof they do this., it is not speculation. There are also allot of stories over the years where TxDPS has ended pursuits with weapons fire into the driver.

Texas DPS is well trained, they have stationary gun helicopters and gun boats. They do not mess around when it comes to stopping a aggressive felon, they will stop that person by all means possible.

You forgot 1:47 - cop oversteers through a turn and loses it. :rolleyes:

nerdly_dood said:
You forgot 1:47 - cop oversteers through a turn and loses it. :rolleyes:

In the next video from the following car, you can see him get it back under control and take the sidewalk.

Yea, someone needs to go back to driving school, lol. I think he corrected a little too much. When the rammed the car they should have done it for the wheels and not dead center on the side. They should have caught up on the highway.

I'm surprised the fuel shut off safety switch didn't kick on those hits to that suburbia. Good chase footage.

It isn't about catching up on the highway - those Officers did a pretty good job overall from what I saw - of course I wasn't there.

With someone who is actively shooting at Officers, most likely continued shooting at them while he was driving to try and force them off of his tail, and going into oncoming traffic - you want to keep your distance. Although - I would have loved to just slam the crap out of his car continually ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrmills2468