Sho.Me 30.2200 siren issue

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
Hell all,

In need of some technical assistance.

We have this siren in one of our engines. Wired in with just power, ground and speaker. No other options. Now the issue is when you turn the knob to select tones it sticks on the HORN tone, straight/solid annoying. When you put the knob in the TAP mode to use the HORN button to scroll through tones, it stays on WAIL. turn unit on/off an It will automatically start to wail. I disconnected the horn button itself in an effort to see if it was bad/sticking, no affect. So what other options do i have to fix this in house?

Thanks BJ

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
Yellow wire isn't hooked up, not even in the plug. Once it leaves the box and goes into the plug, there is no connection on the other plug. No other obvious areas that I can tell on the box/board I can see causing a short..

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
Not sure if they plays into it or not, but just swapped the same exact siren in our other engine, just to see. And the 'broken' on worked no issue. So a little baffeled. Now I did have the PA mic disconnected, not sure if that somehow played intonit, don't think I would but who knows. Replaced the siren back into the truck as i, and seems to function as it should. Thoughts? Thanks shues for the assit.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
That's bizarre. An intermittent problem is the worst kind of problem. There's no way to be sure it's actually fixed. It'll leave you wondering indefinitely.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.