Side mount light.

Jul 4, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
Alright guys, I have a 2000 blazer 2door and I'm looking to get side lights. I have a dual Avenger in the front and a ledo dash light in the rear, which will be removed when I get my six head Awl stick this week. At the moment all are cigarette but I may be putting in a switchbox this week. I'm trying to get a light that will blast through my dark factory tint. Looking mostly at one head units to keep cost down, I'm currently looking at the Awl Pulse 1 or the Feniex cobra 100. Will be either Amber or most likely white. Will be used in security, most of the time will be used while obstructing a lane, or when going through the new construction zone that is my patrol area, so not as much worried about off axis. Basically I'm looking for ideas and whichever will blast through my heavy tint.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Microman or Strobes N More products are exceptional, economically-priced TIR products. I would not recommend going with the star products; aside from star dealers, very few ppl will recommend them over similarly-priced products

Jul 4, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
Microman seems very well priced and has exceptional reviews. to be honest star seems a bit much, I could get a two head light for the price of their one head. Im leaner towards microman even though ill have to get a flasher.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Midwest blazer said:
Microman seems very well priced and has exceptional reviews. to be honest star seems a bit much, I could get a two head light for the price of their one head. Im leaner towards microman even though ill have to get a flasher.

U can buy them with built-in flashers, or u can hardwire & sync 2 units (not that it's a big deal, since they're on opposite sides of the vehicle)

Jul 4, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
pdk9 said:
U can buy them with built-in flashers, or u can hardwire & sync 2 units (not that it's a big deal, since they're on opposite sides of the vehicle)

Seems to be the way to go. I'm a complete Noob with wiring so it will be an adventure going into flashers and switchboxes. Need to learn it and it seems easy. Thanks for the help guys, didn't even think of microman off the top of my head.

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
See I'm good for something sometimes lol he does sell a version that has a built in flasher but he does not sell a single head version it would not be hard to wire in a flasher all you need is a power and ground to the flasher itself them wire the + to the left or right side and the - to the ground of the flasher and boom they flash I have a set at work that I display for new customers and they love the simplicity of them oh and the price

OutletPSE

Jun 5, 2013
Southern United States
The issue with price is where you look to buy it. Places that sell Star/SVP products typically over inflate the pricing to make other brands that they are more loyal too look better.

DLX4's can be had for around $60 if I am not mistaken which is not much more than the T-6 which is also a great light. We carry Microman and SVP. Both are awesome for the money. The DLX6 is cheaper than the Ion and in my opinion does punch tint better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.