Side shooter lights ?

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I just got a pair of side shooter lights that were supposed to be strobes n more but not sure don't see them onsite.

There are 3 wires red black and yellow.
Red powers spot light
Black ground
They when connected are normal.
Yellow for strobing part. You attach it to black and it strobes without spot.

I want to wire this to 2 switches one for flash other for spot Someone please let me know what I need to know

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

this is more like what you have.. ultra bright lights..

Reactions: fp13-2

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
The yellow wire and the red wire should be able to be connected directly to your individual switches and your black straight to ground.

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
If you want to use the spot without strobes and strobes without spot and never the 2 together the simplest way is a SPDT switch like the one in the link below. First check to see if connecting positive to the light and ground to the yellow only will still activate the strobes, if so then Connect positive full time to the lights and connect the ground wire to one side of the switch, connect the yellow wire to the other side of the switch and a ground wire from your ground source to the center. If black and yellow both need to be connected to ground for the strobes to work then just put a small jumper wire from the yellow side to the black side on the switch.

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
I made a mistake in my above post. I was in a rush to get out the door to get to work. If both black and yellow need to be connected to ground for the side shooters to work then you would need a different switch than the one I linked to. You would need a DPDT switch which has six terminals on the bottom you would connect your ground source to both center terminals connect the black wire to one terminal on one side and on the other side connect the black wire to one terminal and the yellow wire to the other terminal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.