Signal Optimax 906 pinout?

I just acquired a large bin of older strobe lights. In the bin was a "Signal Optimax 906" strobe power supply. It also came with wires and HAW tubes. I just don't know what the pinout of the power and control connectors are. Would it be safe to assume it's the same as every other Fed Sig strobe power supply?

dv22qbK.jpg

Welcome back, Eric! I haven't seen you around here very much lately. I hope you have been well.

This image, from an eBay listing, seems to show the Signal Vehicle Products pinout:

s-l1200.webp

Thanks shues! I haven't been around here much because...well, the "warning device" portion of my various hobbies has taken a back seat to life lately, haha. But, that will be changing as I've inherited some old light bars that I'm going to try and put back into service. More on that later.

ANYWHO, maybe I'm not looking at your picture correctly, but I don't see how the wires of the control and power connectors are called out.

You're right! I see now that only the anode, cathode, and trigger wire positions are called out.

Here is a manual here that includes the RP906:

The power connector pinout you need appears as part of a depiction of a switch panel for low power operation on PDF page 4:

4zBjppu.jpeg

The table on PDF page 7 explains that all three pins of the control connector take 12 volts to select among seven modes of operation, or off.

lui2hWS.jpeg

Based on the documentation, I'd say the eBay photo above shows factory pigtails installed into the power and control connectors. I hope this is helpful!

Bingo! That's what I had been trying to Google all day yesterday!

Now I just need to find some place to mount that giant thing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanker58