Signal Stat Dual Com Questions??

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Ran across a gentleman today that had a Signal Stat Dual com lightbar. Has a Signal Stat speaker in the housing and is in decent shape, two rotators and 2 stationary Par 36 flashers. Really dont know much about these bars other than Ohio State Patrol had them or something very similar years ago and I haven't seen one in quite a while. This one is setup Red, OSP was Red Blue. What do you all think the bar is worth as far as making him an offer? What is the chance of finding a Blue dome or a pair of clear for it? Didnt NYPD run these also for a while? The Speaker had a interesting type shroud on it. Wish I would have snapped a picture. Thanks All!!

Last edited by a moderator:

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I'd offer $80-$120 depending on the functionality and the dome condition. Blue domes are difficult to possible to find but clear domes are almost impossible to find in good condition. NYPD did use these bars but they didn't have mirrors and I can't say what kind of speaker was used.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
lotsofbars said:
I'd offer $80-$120 depending on the functionality and the dome condition. Blue domes are difficult to possible to find but clear domes are almost impossible to find in good condition. NYPD did use these bars but they didn't have mirrors and I can't say what kind of speaker was used.

Thanks Doran! Every lil bit helps!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Hoser ifyou need parts I got some. But no blue domes.

Got it from the fire dept. here.

Stripped it for Richard P but he fell on financial times and did"t get any of the parts.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Thanks Paul, I didnt make it back to the show, the rains moved in here from Issac and most of it was outside. I called this morning and a friend was at home said the place turned to a ghost town after the rains moved in. Really slim pickens this year as all I seen was the Signal stat, 4 Mini Aero's, and beat up streethawg. The only thing that made the trip home yesterday was a small brass extinguisher from Veribest in Philly PA. A whole $5 even still had the wall bracket.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
That's cool about the fire extingusher.might turn into something nobdy has if it's old.

If you really want a duel-comm you can have get this one still got all the pieces I think but it's in parts and pieces now.

Probably cheaper to ship that way too.

Smaller boxes.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
chief1565 said:
That's cool about the fire extingusher.might turn into something nobdy has if it's old.
If you really want a duel-comm you can have get this one still got all the pieces I think but it's in parts and pieces now.

Probably cheaper to ship that way too.

Smaller boxes.

Thanks Paul, Ive been tryn to stay away from the fullsize bars due to storage room. This one was clean and caught my eye, as I haven't seen one around in quite a while.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Yeah. I got like 4-5 I'm trying to get rid of myself.

When I have the monies I've been converting my Vista to leds.

Built 2 so far ones on the car the other is waiting for the chief to either get his vehicle fixed or get a new one.

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Hoser said:
Ohio State Patrol had them or something very similar years ago and I haven't seen one in quite a while. This one is setup Red, OSP was Red Blue. What do you all think the bar is worth as far as making him an offer?

Ohio State Hwy Patrol had these in all-red. I didn't think that they went red/blue until the mid to late 80s when they started using Federal Signal Jetsonics. I'm not crazy about their recent switch to all-blue.

ohio.jpg

ohio-vi.jpg

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Last edited by a moderator:

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
Hoser I remember as a little kid seeing OSP as solid red, not red blue.

See borrowed pic below:

http://policecarwebsite.net/westside/ohio11.jpg

I remember them switching to red/blue when they began using the Jetsonics, just FYI.

Also I know where a set of blue domes are:

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_Lightbars.jpg

They are yankee domes on my Dietz 911-56. Have a RED set as well.

Hoser said:
Ran across a gentleman today that had a Signal Stat Dual com lightbar. Has a Signal Stat speaker in the housing and is in decent shape, two rotators and 2 stationary Par 36 flashers. Really dont know much about these bars other than Ohio State Patrol had them or something very similar years ago and I haven't seen one in quite a while. This one is setup Red, OSP was Red Blue. What do you all think the bar is worth as far as making him an offer? What is the chance of finding a Blue dome or a pair of clear for it? Didnt NYPD run these also for a while? The Speaker had a interesting type shroud on it. Wish I would have snapped a picture. Thanks All!!

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Lt.214 said:

See borrowed pic below:

I remember them switching to red/blue when they began using the Jetsonics, just FYI.

I don't know..But I think it looks better in blue:thumbsup:

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I don't recall seeing them in RED/BLUE in my part of the state. OSP might have tested RED/BLUE on some DUO's in some areas prior to the Jets'. The Jetsonics were the first RED/BLUE bars I remember OSP using. I do prefer the SS/Dietz/Yankee bars of that era in solid colors, either red or blue.

Chris

Lt.214 said:

See borrowed pic below:

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
I remember the 77 LTD when I lived in Findlay.

OSP959(R)

Mar 22, 2011
Ohio
Those big red light bars were Yankee bars. They were all red.

I have a Signal Stat Dual Comm, but I'd rather have an OSP Yankee.

I was down at the academy yesterday and talked to a Sergeant with 35-years on. He has a Unity beacon that was around when he started that he said he sent to Unity and paid quite a bit of money to have them go through it and restore it. Pretty cool. I'd love to have it.

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.