Signal Vehicle Products magnum siren question

med1874

May 25, 2010
Lexington , KY
I have 200 watt remote head Signal VP Siren with Magnum function Model # SA-441and it just quit working.. it has power to the control head and to the AMP. but no sound, speakers are good, the phone (control cable I think is working) the best I can tell. any ideas on what to do???? it is a 2001 modle so well out of warranty.. Did not know if there is something I can do to fix or will it have to go back to the factory?? Thanks Rick

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Make sure the 'park kill' wire is not grounded out or contacting anything else.

I spent the better part of 2 hours uninstalling and reinstalling a similar unit just because the park kill wire was grounded.

Jasonc

May 29, 2010
obx nc
I had one do that to me. One of the transistors in the control head burned out, I never could get it working again even after soldering a new one on they would just keep burning up.

timlinson

Apr 11, 2011
North Dakota
What does the magnum function on our SVP siren do? Has its own on/off switch. Dual speakers? What?

Edit: Just noticed I bumpedan old topic...i swear I thought I started new topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
med1874 said:
I have 200 watt remote head Signal VP Siren with Magnum function Model # SA-441and it just quit working.. it has power to the control head and to the AMP. but no sound, speakers are good, the phone (control cable I think is working) the best I can tell. any ideas on what to do???? it is a 2001 modle so well out of warranty.. Did not know if there is something I can do to fix or will it have to go back to the factory?? Thanks Rick

Check the output transistors. Should be located on the back of, or bottom of, the amplifier(s). Can you hear the siren tones cycling through the amplifier even though they're not coming thru the speakers? That's a good sign of output transistor problems.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.