Signalmaster with a Code 3 Arrowstik?

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I have a Code 3 360 with the Arrowstik feature. I don't have an Arrowstik controller, but I have a Smartsiren SS2000SM. Is it possible to use this to control the Arrowstik or do I have to use a Code 3 controller? I was going to use it to control the bar's functions and was hoping that I could do an all-in-one setup.

Worst case scenario, couldn't I just use a Mastercom B?

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I controlled a FedSig signalmaster with a whelen TACTRL1A, fairly sure you can use your SS.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Thanks! It's worth a shot. I'll read the manuals for both and see what can be done.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
The difference is Federal SignalMaster controllers have 8 outputs, one for each module, while Code 3 uses 5 outputs (Arrowstick modules are grouped 1-2-2-2-1). You could rewire the Arrostick to operate each module independently.

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
Halogen or LED Arrowstick? The Arrowstick built into the 360 looks like it has 7 wires to the control head, while the LED has 11.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Halogen. It has two negative wires. This one really threw me off at first as they're both red wires.

The difference is Federal SignalMaster controllers have 8 outputs, one for each module, while Code 3 uses 5 outputs (Arrowstick modules are grouped 1-2-2-2-1). You could rewire the Arrostick to operate each module independently.

What might/would be involved in rewiring it? Do you think that it might just be better in the long run to get an Arrowstik or some other Code 3 controller? I'm up for the challenge, that's for sure. Only problem is that my tools are still 460 miles north of here ;)!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Halogen. It has two negative wires. This one really threw me off at first as they're both red wires.

What might/would be involved in rewiring it? Do you think that it might just be better in the long run to get an Arrowstik or some other Code 3 controller? I'm up for the challenge, that's for sure. Only problem is that my tools are still 460 miles north of here ;)!

The two red wires are positive. The control wires are negative switched.

Rewiring involves cutting circuit a few board traces to isolate the modules and adding three new wires. I think its pretty much self-explanatory when you look at the circuit board layout.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
It depends on the C3 controller. Some were postitive switched (not as common) and some were negative switched (the most common).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.