Silverado Owners, how do you have your siren and switches set up? Looking for pics

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Still looking for ideas how to best place my siren and switch board in my 2007 Chevy Silverado. I think I am going to have a local company install them for me. I know it costs about 75 dollars for the siren and speaker.

I have a Whelen siren box. Still need to buy a switch box. I will not have a mobile radio. I have an 800 Mhz Portable assigned to me.

This is what the inside of my silverado looks like for reference.

inside_Cab.jpg

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
I was asked to do a similar truck and thought that the flat space under the wheel on the top of the lower piece would be perfect.

just throw in some small switches that sit flush with the panel and have a small led light. could make it look stock even if you tried hard enough

Nov 5, 2010
nowhere ky
do you use the center seat. I have a few department that i removed the lower seat installed a console and the padded arm rest cover everythgin till you need it Just a thought

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Stimpy911 said:
I like the custom switches there. I only need 2 or 3 I would imagine. I am thinking I want to keep the headlight flashers separate so I can shut them off on the scene.

How do u have your switches programmed?

The switches in the ash tray location are the siren controls only... The switches on the dash just to the left of the steering column are for the lights... 1 switch is the HLF, the other is the Grill lights... His lightbar is still run off the ciggy plug, which is how he wanted it left...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.