Single lighthead wiring

DMCGONAGIL

Feb 5, 2012
WI
I feel like this is a stupid question, but I've been wracking my brain and haven't been able to figure it out. Is there a way to wire a light head (whelen ION set to solid state) to do multiple phase operation (ie. warning with an override for brake or turn signal). I know light heads that are set up with two or more phases can be progressively overridden (like the feniex cannon), I'm just curious if there's a way to do it without having to buy all new light heads. Thanks in advance for the input.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
The only other way I can think of is pricey, and that would be the carbide, since you’d be setting the ions to steadyburn and then letting the carbide brain control everything

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
You can always do it with relays and diodes if your tech savy

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.