Siracom II Only Emitting Tones w/ Manual Button

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I recently acquired a Siracom II. I'll post which model as an edit. It's the second Siracom II in my collection, albeit a different model. It's in *excellent* condition and everything works as it should. Relays are fine and the oscillator is good to go. The thing is that it'll only activate a tone manually. I have to push the manual button on wail, yelp and hi-lo. It works essentially as a manual yelp, hi-lo and wail.

I've looked through the manual and nothing's said outright about a setting. I find FS manuals to be murky at times, be it their odd wording or details provided. I'm guessing that it's a dip switch or jumper behind this. The manual mentions dip switches for setting up which outputs are activated by the control knob (e.g. Position 2 activating position 1 and 2 outputs or only the position 2 output, etc). That said, I'll open it up and take a look. I'll look for anything out of the ordinary. It's still a neat siren and I'm very happy to have two different NOS condition Siracom IIs.

As always, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Maybe it's just tired of people pushing it's buttons, on the other side is it a rotary switch for the tones, cause I haven't looked it up yet, maybe a wire went or the switch itself is dirty or something got in it... Or just a dead switch...??

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It's a rotary switch. It appears to be working as it should. Indicator lights light with each stage and you can hear the relays click. I haven't popped it open yet to see what's up.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
There's no other person I can think of who knows as much as he does. I believe that he's been very busy lately. I'm patient and can wait. Good things are worth waiting for lol.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It's been ages since I fired it up, but I seem to remember my TMD behaving similarly until I connected the ignition wire to +12 VDC. I could be out to lunch on that. It might also have only turned the backlight on. Like I said, it's been a while. Fact is that the oscillator is good to go, the relays are good and everything otherwise works as expected. The answer likely isn't too complicated. It could also be something that the end-user installed or the model itself. It's a 2050 * 012F. I won't know if the end-user installed anything until I open it up.

Too busy to work on simple tasks during the week, too wiped out to do the same on a Saturday morning. Just have to make sure it doesn't end up on my "To Procrastinate" list.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Update: problem solved. Gut feeling told me that there's a good chance that the dip switches that I mentioned earlier in the thread were a possible cause. They were. I looked at the dip switch settings for knob position 3. The long/short is that position 3's dip switch was set in a way where it'd still "behave", so to speak, like it was in position 2. Clicked the dip switch so that it fired everything up and success!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.