Siren DIP Switch question

FutureTrooper

Apr 18, 2012
NY
One of our new cars has a Star Signal LCS790 siren installed. Unfortunately, the siren was just put in with no input from those who would be operating the vehicle. There are a few settings I would like to make changes to and have read the manual to determine how to do so. I am no expert in emergency equipment installation or vehicle electronics so please bear with me.

To make the desired changes, the siren features a series of DIP switches on the side of the unit, which surprisingly are accessible with the siren installed in the console. The manual states "If any changes are necessary, these options should be set before installation of the unit".

My question is, can the DIP switches be toggled even though the siren has been installed in the vehicle? One of the settings I would prefer to change requires the siren be placed in programming mode via a DIP switch and then toggle a series of buttons on the control head (obviously requiring the unit be powered on while doing so). Will toggling the DIP switches cause any damage to the siren, lights, and other vehicle electronics?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
the reason they should be set prior to installations is because of them being accessible. Ive changed them with them installed

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Yes, you can change them. They say that because they're probably easier to access before it's installed...but if you can still access them relatively easy, then change them to the configuration you want.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.