Siren is ticking....

toubis

May 21, 2010
New York
I have a Signal SS651 remote siren. Everything worked fine yesterday, then at 18:00 i responded and the siren was not working. All i would hear is a ticking noise from the speaker. Air horn works so i am assuming the speaker is fine, but when press any siren tones it ticking.

Anyone has any suggestions??

Thanks

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
If the A/H was not working as well I would say check the ground and all connections..

Possibly something let out the magic blue smoke on the siren tone controller?

Is it still under warranty?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
My sgt has a problem with his Sho Me that's kinda like that. His air horn, phaser, and intersection button all work, but if you turn the knob to wail, it cuts out and you have to turn the box off to use any of it again.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Not to be mean or anything , you get what you pay for. Today you can get a Whelen Siren for $100 . I think PD should use a brand name that doesnt break. I have yet to see a Whelen Siren break in an ambulance.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
VolEms said:
Not to be mean or anything , you get what you pay for. Today you can get a Whelen Siren for $100 . I think PD should use a brand name that doesnt break. I have yet to see a Whelen Siren break in an ambulance.

I agree with you 100%. I hate when dept's skimp on emergency equipment when people's lives depend on it.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
As soon as I saw the title to this thread I felt so tempted to say... call the bomb squad! :lol:

toubis

May 21, 2010
New York
I had have siren for about 6 years now, and for some reason i favor it over the smart siren in my other car.

I wanted to work on it more today, but i had a little emergency to take care of.

toubis

May 21, 2010
New York
I was able to work on it yesterday for a bit, and i think there is an issue with the wiring harness. If i move the the switch box, i will hear a tone from the box. I am going to email star to see how to obtain a new harness, otherwise I guess i will have to make a trip to radio shack.

Thanks

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

toubis

May 21, 2010
New York
RWO978, Thanks for the info, i ordered the connector and a few other stuff. Total bill was $12.19 Shipped.

Jared, pm sent.

Thanks

dca37

May 23, 2010
Woodmere, NY
if you are hearing the noise from the amp box, your speaker is probably not connected, or dead. test your speaker. apply power and ground to the speaker wires. if it clicks, good speaker, if not...there is your problem!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.