Siren quit working...

LawDogRD10

Jul 3, 2010
Shiloh Hill, IL, USA
This is probably simple for you guys, but I'm stumped. I've got a Code 3 3672L4 siren/light controller with a Code 3 siren (can't tell the model from where it is placed in my little Impala. The siren quit working, but if it is totally quiet, I can hear the tones coming from the controller and even from the siren itself. I cut the wires and attached them to a dynamax. It worked for a second and then it too quit. I have checked every fuse I can find and there's nothing blown. Any suggestions?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
possibly amp in siren blown? is it wired properly?

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Sounds like something's grounding out (maybe in the box). The siren seems to be working since you can hear the tones.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
RL1 said:
Sounds like something's grounding out (maybe in the box). The siren seems to be working since you can hear the tones.

LawDogRD10 said:
So I probably need a new box?

Um....how'd you get that solution from the advice provided? Usually if you can still hear the tones coming out of the amp (box), then the siren itself is working. Check to make sure the wires going to your speaker aren't shorting out somewhere, like where they go through the firewall and such....

LawDogRD10

Jul 3, 2010
Shiloh Hill, IL, USA
OK. I borrowed two sirens. One from my office and another from my local PD. The first one was the one that worked for a second then quit. I hooked #2 up and it works fine. No idea what I did... Guess the siren speaker itself was bad as was the first one I tried. I understand that one may have come out of a car that got flooded, so that would make sense.

And I ran #3 for quite a while, ran it through different cycles, and shut it off and turned it on several times without any problems.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
Okay, so the speaker was flooded, or the siren was? If it was the speaker, then your siren's fine, and you just need to get another speaker. Try the cheaper fixes first, lol! :)

LawDogRD10

Jul 3, 2010
Shiloh Hill, IL, USA
Sorry. Siren speaker. Siren controller is ok. Now if the installer would ever get me a siren and get it put in.... Been waiting a week but getting by with one shoved in the only spot that it would fit under the hood. Sounds like crap, but it's a siren.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
LawDogRD10 said:
Sorry. Siren speaker. Siren controller is ok. Now if the installer would ever get me a siren and get it put in.... Been waiting a week but getting by with one shoved in the only spot that it would fit under the hood. Sounds like crap, but it's a siren.

Check out the for sale section here, there's usually good deals on a few speakers at any one time... ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.